Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII German Hip Flask

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Fallen Comrade, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Fallen Comrade

Fallen Comrade Member

I've been collecting for a long time, but I'm still not sure about this particular item. Thought I'd share it with you all as I haven't seen anything quite like it since and unfortunately, I know nothing more about it. Appreciate any feedback or information regarding this, anyway, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Dated, 1941)

2. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

If this is an original piece and not some fantasy item that someone has 'enhanced'...it was likely an award to some sort for a NSRL sporting event.

3. Fallen Comrade

Fallen Comrade Member

If this is an original piece and not some fantasy item that someone has 'enhanced'...it was likely an award to some sort for a NSRL sporting event.

Hehe, you have the same suspicions as me it would seem...

Quite frankly it would be no major loss for me (I got the item for free!) from my girlfriend. She lives in Berlin and this was passed down to her from friends of her Grandpa, who served in an SS Panzer Division. She doesn't know much about it either and can't even remember who gave it to her! It's nice to think it could be genuine though.

4. will382

will382 Member

A very nice flask! I don't suppose you're looking to sell this? I collect this kind of thing :p

5. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I would get some better opinions before selling this though....don't want to 'give away' something special. I'd float it around over on WAF and see what others think about it over there. Someone should be able to give you solid information on the inscription alone.

Just my .02 cents though....

6. Fallen Comrade

Fallen Comrade Member

Unfortunately mate I don't plan on selling any of my Nazi militaria in the near future, if at all! It seems quite hard to come by for a reasonable price, (or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?), but considering this is unique and I got it for free, I'd rather keep hold of it!

I did find an interesting site this morning though if you're interested, it seems to sell quite some unique items. Authentic & Original W.W.II Japanese, Imperial, & Third Reich Germany

7. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

I can see the visa card and mastercard logo's on that linksite fromoff here lol ..:D:D:D

8. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

very nice piece,ray..

9. loosman

loosman recruit

I have a similar flask. Mine looks like a U-131 flask. Did you learn anything about your item? I wonder if they were issued during the war, or if they are some sort of commemorative item. What do you know about yours? Thanks-Joe

Attached Files:

10. colbowers

colbowers recruit

Hi, i have a genuine world war 2 geman officers hip flask maked dresden 1939, it has the ss logo embossed on the front and is in good condition if you are interested?

11. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I wonder if this 'flask' has seen the inside of a Things Remembered....:rolleyes:

12. ashleyb317

ashleyb317 recruit

Hello. I have been looking all over the world wide web for days in search of the perfect flask. I would like to purchase this one if you are willing to sell. Please contact me at your earliest convenience with your yes or no. I would greatly appreciate it. ashleybenefiel@ymail.com Thanks.

13. majorx

majorx New Member

I obtained the following NAZI SS flask. Can anyone verify its authenticity??

Attached Files:

14. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I think that it may have possibly belonged to Heinrich Himmler...or was he teetotal....? :drink_a_pint:

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

made in Poland and worth its weight in metal aka 2cts. About as good as the solar U-boot watch I saw last year..... ps: it did not belong to Himmler, Martin owns that one already .

16. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Yes - it's on my display shelf with the Sat Nav GPS used by Guy Gibson to locate the Mohne Dam..... :eek:rb1:

17. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Gibson did not use GPS...he used a Tom Tom...and was very happy to hear the voice stating you have reached your destination...Its in the RAF Museum at Hendon...Black and white maps of course..as the world was in black and white then..which proves that flask is a fake..its in colour.

18. jolanda10

jolanda10 New Member

Hi I need some help with a german hip flask bearing 3 symbols the thunderbolts the axe in hay and skull it's a genuine pice and I know we're it came from its leather and alpaca please can any one help