Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII Oral History Website

Discussion in 'Living History' started by In Their Words Guy, Sep 26, 2007.

1. In Their Words Guy

In Their Words Guy recruit

Hello Everyone!

I have been working with the Arkansas Educational Television Network to create an oral history website for the state of Arkansas. While it is only for our state, I think that the stories will appeal to anyone interested in what happened during the war. You can find out more by clicking HERE

The website address is www. intheirwords. org if that link doesn't work.

We've collected over 250 interviews from veterans of all branches of service and also people serving on the home front. So far, over 60 are online. We will be adding more every week or two as we get them coded for the web. As far as I know, there isn't a site out there like it anywhere.

I hope you will take a moment to check it out and hear what the veterans have to say. I feel really proud to be a part of such a worthwhile project.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

This is an EXCELLENT project. There should be more of these worldwide before we lose the ability to have the veterans communicate personally of their experiences. Excellent work. :salute:

3. In Their Words Guy

In Their Words Guy recruit

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. And, yes, you are absoluetly correct. There needs to be more out there like it. I hope that happens. All of us working on the project hope that people out there rip us off... to a degree ;)

WW II veterans are passing away at a rate of about 1,500 a day in the U.S. alone. It is estimated that by 2015 there won't be any left. My only regret is that this project didn't start 10 years ago.