Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII Rpg I'm Making

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Terror of the Skies, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Terror of the Skies

Terror of the Skies Member

Okay, I am in the production of making my own WWII Rpg. It's no where near ready or even started. I was going to share my idea for how this would be played out and to see if any of you liked it or had a better idea.

The game is basically as such:
    The Rpg will start off in 1942, Japan has bombed Pearl Habor and the Germans are in the East battling Russia, England is in the air war with Germany, etc.

When a person joins the Rpg, they can join both sides of the war, and on either alliance, axis or allies. Once each side has enough members, the war will start. When the war begins, "battles" will take place.

A battle will be a timed event, where each side will post an attack, a defense, and so on until the time ends. At the end of the battle time, a judge will rule in the attacker's or defender's favor. If the attacker wins, it unlocks the next battle, if not, they have to try again.

Here's an example.
    Americans invade North Africa starting in Tunisa, they have to role play attacking the beaches at North Africa, if the Germans post a better defense attack, then the Americans retreat, and have to try again when given the okay. If the Americans take the beach, the next step would be taking a key city in Tunisa, say Tunis for example. Then if the Americans take Tunis, the battle for Tunisa is won, and a new board will be opened, titled for the next step.

It's recreating realistic battle locations, but you can change how long it takes, how much it takes, and what it takes to win.

It's complex for now, but if you know where I'm coming from, then you'll see how it's working.

If your interested in helping, or have suggestions, comments, please share.

Be noted I'm just giving a brief overview of all this.

2. Vince Noir

Vince Noir Member

Sounds like a boardgame rather than a role-playing game.

3. Terror of the Skies

I may consider something totally different, even the time. I'm considering Iraq.

4. Joe

Joe Ace

sounds fun

5. Matthias

Matthias Member

So, how is the game coming? Sounds pretty intresting.

6. Stuart-GreatEscapeGames

Stuart-GreatEscapeGames Member

Sorry to be a pedant but the United Kingdom, not England, was in an air war against Germany. The Germans fought on the Eastern Front against the Soviet Union. Might as well get the details right...

Otto likes this.
  7. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Hear Hear, Stuart. These details are a little too important to not pay them attention

8. Joe

Joe Ace

it wasn't just the UK, Fliers from all over the world took part in ther battle of Britain.

9. Terror of the Skies

Okay I've been gone WAY too long.

I'm starting this thing from scratch and there's several things I've considered.

- Make it only the ETO or PTO
    - One Unit and everyone fights together
    - Airborne? Air Force? Navy?
    - U.S. vs Germans?
    - U.S./U.K. vs Germans?

Give me some ideas, I really want to get this started as I know it'll go far if we just get it going.

Your thoughts, ideas, suggestions?!