Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WWII time travel or a hoax?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Class of '42, May 10, 2020.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

We are all time travellers...each in our own time zone...as we move, we move through time.
    As an interesting aside...we all perceive time differently too...to make life easier for us all we perceive time "roughly" at the same speed, but most have proved to themselves that they can change their perception, usually in a time of great peril...I remember being in a car accident where one second went on for about 5-10 seconds, being aware of things flying through the air and being able to have three or four different thoughts...all in the space of 1 second.
    Scientists have shown that different animals perceive time at different speeds...Generally as a rule of thumb, the smaller an animal is the FASTER its heart rate, and the SLOWER it perceives time...a bird can see and catch a bug in flight. The larger an animal the SLOWER the heart rate and the FASTER it perceives time. An elephant may look slow to us, but to it its moving at normal speed.
    To a fly, we move in slow motion, to a whale we move fast.
    Perhaps we will discover in the future, predators and sportsmen increase their heart rate and slow their perception of time down, to get the results they need...

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

There's only one "time zone" and we all ride it equally.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Nope...there’s a river we all travel down...but like the river the currents are differing speeds at different points...rapids and side waters with little eddies...uncrossable...until you learn to swim...or better, build a boat.

4. OpanaPointer

Nope.

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Well...it is all just conjecture...

6. OpanaPointer

The phrase is "idle conjecture".

green slime likes this.