Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Yet another Waffen SS video... only a worth watching one

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Friedrich, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

For those who claim the SS are "so cool", let them watch video number one and listen to the British surviver of the Wormhoudt massacre, relating how 150 British pows were murdered in cold blood by the Waffen SS. Elite soldiers? ...... Ordinary soliders? Scum I say

formerjughead likes this.
  3. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

part one,it mentions that out of 80 men they only took 3-4 men. the waffen ss were moree elitte than other units,they were not ordinary soldiers but thiss does not excuse there brutaltaty towards humanty.

there are elitte scum soldiers,i am with tuo skipper.

4. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

IMHO the Waffen-SS was a still broadly a force designed to fulfill many of the same roles as the army. The Army Security divisions committed crimes on a great scale just like the SS anti-partisan divisions.

But due to its politically protected nature and its corresponding great safety from German military prosecution, it was used to do more of the "dirty" tasks than usual.

Particularly fanatical & brutal officers, NCOs, and men of the Waffen-SS who were fully immersed and devoted to the SS institution could do as they wish on the battlefield. I believe the atrocities committed in France 1940, for instance, were committed out of rage. The English troops inflicted high causalties on them and they wanted payback. And they could get away with it, because they were Waffen-SS and members of Hitler's personal elite guard....

But empirical evidence, at least that of which exists, shows that these Nazi fanatics were still the minority, but still sizable, in the Waffen-SS. The Waffen-SS, for the exception of one or two outfits, did not recruit criminals (in fact, those with prior criminal convictions were not allowed to join).

But this apparatus was still a fighting force with few rules, even compared to the regular Army. And the nature of their role in the the Third Reich's post-victory new world order certainly shows that they were political soldiers above all.

* I'm not defending the Waffen-SS in any way. I'm trying to develop a balanced picture of the institution, since it was massive and many of its members were conscripted individuals.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Heidi , you make me say what I never said I never said "Elite scum", but "SCUM". I don't think they were elite at all. "Elite" is the term Ebay sellers use when they do not want their adds to be banned.

6. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

ok,i'm sorry! everybodt skipper never said that,it was all mtself. sorry skipper.:)

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

so it's it justified to murder pows...... and the SS were "above all" :eek: (you could "say über alles" to make things clear). In the meantime this thread is closed , I've read read enough of this.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.