Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Your Dream Diorama: what would it look like?

Discussion in 'World War 2 Hobbies' started by PanzerProfile, Dec 19, 2007.

1. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hi fellas,

I was having a thought here: what if you could build any diorama, in any scale, quality, setting, party, size etc. then what would it look like?
    We have seen quite a few dioramas passing by over the years here, and honestly I wouldn't know. There would be a lot of german tanks in 1/72 involved though.It would be several meters wide and deep, so there could be different scenes at the same time. And probably some troop movements at the side, if I had the time..and patience.

How about yours?

2. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dream diorama? The Battle of Hastings, at the point when the English counter-attacked and William was unhorsed. However, I'm not sure I could model & paint ~14,000 men and 3,000 horses...

In realistic terms, I'd love to do a diorama of a tank (or tanks) being serviced - all hatches open, things being tinkered with & cleaned, ammo being loaded etc etc.

3. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    hm, but both sound very nice to me! The second appeals to me most, ofcourse, with tanks out in the open and everything clearly visible inside. But the second may also be possible Ricky! It's just a point of making the right selection of men and horses to place in your diorama! Then you don't have to make them all.At least,. that's what I think.
    thanks for sharing!

4. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Battle of Berlin.Mass destruction.

5. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Commandos in action, with Green Berets and Thompson Sub machineguns blazing! :D :cool: :p