Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Your move, Adolf!

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by GRW, Apr 14, 2010.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

2. Mehar

Mehar Ace

Amazing picture, you don't see much of this despite Lenin's ties to Germany. But Lenin a dictator? And if he is one, comparable to Hitler (the caption)?

3. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

interesting article.. althought I don't think that man looks much like Lenin. lenin didn't have that much hair...

[​IMG] Young Lenin police photo 1895 (age 25)

[​IMG]

i think the man looks a little more like Leon Trotsky

[​IMG]

hmmm, interesting. Lenin and Hitler meeting eachother.

"isn't it ironic, don't you think?"

4. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

this is funny, I was looking for a young picture of Lenin and i saw this picture

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Holy crap , he look just like Leonardo Di Caprio.

5. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

Hi;
    Did you read this poster's comment? Hilarious!

The game itself was quite boring apparantly. Lenin's opening move was to instruct his pawns to rise up against the bourgeois king and queen and create a utopian chessboard where all the pieces could only move the same number of squares and in the same direction.
    Hitler meanwhile refused to move his pieces off the white squares.

They jacked it in after a few hours and went down the pub.
    - Matt, Glasgow, 15/4/2010 11:12

Read more: Your move Mr Hitler: Sketch said to show Nazi leader playing chess with Lenin is up for sale | Mail Online

JeffinMNUSA

6. Mehar

Mehar Ace

Lenin did grow his hair out, there are a few pictures of him with longer hair.

[​IMG]

7. Mehar

Mehar Ace

More info on the painting here,

Pictured: Hitler playing chess with Lenin - Telegraph

On second thought, it seems Hitler is the man on the left and "Lenin" is on the right? That looks more like the Nazi era Hitler than it did the pre World War I era Hitler. Yet this picture was painted in 1909?

Hitler is on the left with the X over his head,

File:Hitler with other German soldiers.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here, Hitler is sitting down on the right I believe,

File:Bundesarchiv Bild 146-1974-082-44, Adolf Hitler im Ersten Weltkrieg.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

That is a famous picture of Lenin in August 11 1917 wearing a wig. It was used as Lenin's identity card to hide his true identity. He was sought after by the Russian government. He disgised himself and changed his name to Ivanov, Sestroretsk and fled to Finland to organize the Bolshevik Revolution.

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Weird,again... Is there any mention on Hitler´s life he would have been into playing chess? I don´t recall he would have wanted to play the game later on in his life, although I´d think that anyone starting to play it would continue later on...

10. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

In 1909, Hitler's mustache was of the exact same type as the Kaisers....remember?

As late as 1916, this simple fact is evidenced by a hospital photo showing Hitler convalesing with a mustache that covered his entire top lip. Earlier photos from his salad days as a corporal show the 'handlebars' on this mustache to be firmly in place...

Good try guys....but this picture is a fake. I dread to think that the 40,000 paid by gullible collectors for the chessboard will turn up with just an old chessboard, not an historically significant artifact.

It could turn into the most expensive chessboard of all time!

Sorry, this imaginative picture is a PURE HOAX!!!! Certainly makes the "extensive research" in to the 'authenticity' of this picture more than a little comical!

And WHAT, may I ask was Adolf going to 'discuss' with Lenin at this stage of European history anyway? The circumstances leading up to the fame of Adolf had years, and a world war, to run. Adolf is likely to have bored the pure intellectual Lenin to pieces with his artistic ramblings about the relative worth of public buildings, rather than engaging in any deep and meaningful political discussions. Just as an aside, according to August Kubciek, Adolf much preferred reading and walking to any other activity.

If the members of this forum can so easily expose this shabby attempt at cashing in an old chessboard, then what does it say for the 'experts' that have authenticated this rubbish? Furthermore, the man on the right looks far more like the profile of LEO RAUBAL than anyone else! And what in the name of God is Hitler doing with a double chin in 1909? A lean youth with a very long jawline that, in the words of Kubciek, "took starvation to a fine art".....Here is Kuciek's description of Adolf in Vienna...

"He stood, with me, in front of the new cathedral, this pallid, skinny youth, with the first dark brown showing on his upper lip, in his shabby pepper and salt suit, threadbare at the elbows and collar..."

Who's responsible for this trash anyway?