Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Zeiss Binoculars

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Knight Templar, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Miserable Cretin

Does anyone have any information on these binoculars? They're made by the old Carl Zeiss "Jena" plant, and, so, pre-date 1926. Three sets of occulars in rotating turrets, making it a 12/20/40 x 80. Quite impressive. Must be military. Large glasses like this are still used at border stations, although, I've never seen a set like this before. Magnificent construction.
    Any info appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I havent seen some looking exactly like these, but have seen some VERY similar and had a wooden tri-pod. Possibly could have also been used on ship?--just a wild guess.

I know a guy who SHOULD know about these--he is: Richard J. Williams of Williams Militaria--he sells tons of these things. He is in I think, White Plaines, New York. I have a catalog of his in my car somewhere--ill see if I can find it and give you his contact info. I think he still has a website: www.richardjwilliamsmilitaria.com or www.williwmsmilitaria.com

Its been a few years since I last bought from him, but I do know his business has really taken off since then.

Hope this helps.
    PS, are YOU now Andreas? :D