Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

ZX Spectrum - The Great Escape

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Submerge, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Submerge

Submerge Member

Ahhh, just been emulating this game after rediscovering my love for all thing speccy.

What a game!!!

I advise anyone with a yearning for the good old days of no graphics, all playability to track down a copy, not too hard to find using google!

Any other good ww2 OLD OLD OLD games I should be looking at?

2. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

Lords of Midnight, ELITE, Doomdarks Revenge, Commando, Death Chase, Dayely Thompsons Decathlon (spelling).

I still have my Speccy in my old room. I remember the trials of tuning the cassette player at just the right setting. Then jotting the dial position down in my old book.

Fantastic stuff.

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Jaeger, I used to play the first three to exhaustion! I marvel at how they managed to squeeze so much into 48k.

4. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

I'm with you Za!

I still remember the day when I loaded up Elite and accidentaly pressed the SAVE button without putting the cassette player on. It turned out to be a cheat! I started out with a max ship, and the event 'Sun is going nova' started the game. I keept it a secret from my friends for years. They never figured out how come I got such gear.

Lords Of Midnight was my first love on the ZX. I played out all the different ways of winning.

(sorry about the delay, I've been off to the Winter Warfare school, and not in contact with a 'puter.)

5. Joe

Joe Ace

It's old but i don't recommend the first Medal of Honor games. Id rather play war hammer. On second thoughts, mabe not...