Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama-Nation

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Wolfy, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Just dropping in for a moment to see how well you boys are playing together while I am out of pocket.

Have to diagree with you on this one, Stef. His difficulties trying to fill his cabinet positions don't make him look very in control of his own administration. How many nominations have been withdrawn because of various problems, including his nominee for Sec of Treasury who admitted to tax evasion? Picking a tax cheat to run the IRS doesn't look good.

[​IMG]

PzJgr and SMLE shooter like this.
  2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Wow, that outweighs the documentary evidence!

Hardly a great change though, after having Cheney, Rumsfeld and co I'm amazed he could find anyone who came close to being as crooked.

3. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

Once again where is the birth certificate.?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

We beat the army of both these countries.:p:p

5. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Oi, yer Texan hip shooter....Call me a liberal by all means but dont equate that with weakness....I challenge you to a duel...You can bring your collections of arms, Sefan is loaning me his rarden 30mm....Its a bit like bringing a knife to a gunfight Carl....I'll let you have first shot...

Talking of Liberals, I see the right wing of the party are forming on the forum too...Its a good job this is a war forum.

6. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Good enough for me, it was good enough to get to be a senator and was good enough to become president. The old man lost, deal with it!

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Ah right, I take that is why our troops are all home and nobody has died since the 'victory.'

Defeating an army doesn't necessarily equate to victory in a war, neither does standing on the deck of a ship announcing that you have won. Neither really does ignominious withdrawal or leaving a new bunch of crooks to kidnap civilians, murder people and generally act like the scum they are.

Topical once again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Vf4VbLfv8

7. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

OK, but here's a counter list, and I'm sure there are more.

Eric G. Andell - Deputy Undersecretary in charge of the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools, who was once a senior adviser to Secretary of Education Rod Paige, pleaded guilty to one count of conflict of interest for using government travel for personal causes and was sentenced to one year of probation, 100 hours of community service, and fined $5,000.

Lester Crawford - A Commissioner at the Food and Drug Administration, resigned in late September 2005 after only two months on the job. On October 17th, 2006 he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts, making a false writing and conflict of interest. On February 27, 2007, Crawford was sentenced to to three years of probation and was fined $90,000.

Brian Doyle - The Deputy Press Secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, resigned in wake of child sex scandal. Doyle was arrested on April 4th, 2006 and pleaded no contest on September 19, 2006 to seven counts of use of a computer to seduce a child and sixteen counts of transmitting harmful material to a minor. On November 17th, 2006 Brian Doyle was sentenced to five years in state prison and ten years of probation. He will also need to register as a sex offender.

Steven Griles - The Deputy Secretary at the Interior Department, pleaded guilty in March 2007 to lying about his role in the Jack Abramoff scandal. He was sentenced to 10 months incarceration.

Scooter Libby - Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff - resigned after being indicted for lying to a grand jury and investigators in connection with the investigation stemming from the leak of Valerie Wilson’s covert CIA operative’s identity. Convicted on four of five counts, making him the highest-ranking White House official to be convicted of a felony since the Iran-contra scandal. Sentenced to thirty months imprisonment and a fine of $250,000. On July 2nd, after a judge decided that Libby would remain in prison during the appeals process, President Bush commuted Libby’s sentence by removing the thirty months in prison.

David Safavian - Former head of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget was convicted of lying to ethics officials and Senate investigators about his ties to lobbyist Jack Abramoff. On October 27, 2006, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison. He is currently appealing the ruling.

Robert Stein - The former comptroller and funding officer for the now defunct Coalition Provisional Authority, pleaded guilty to conspiracy, bribery, conspiracy to commit money laundering, possession of a machine gun, and being a felon in possession of a fire arm. On January 30, 2007 Stein was sentenced to nine years in prison and ordered to forfeit $3.6 million.

All were Bush administration officials.:mad:

C.Evans likes this.
  8. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Member

C.Evans likes this.
  9. urqh

Whooo...you can borrow my tin hat for that one...You might need it.

10. Slipdigit

So, you are left to try to build up B. Hussein Obama by comparing him to George W Bush, saying that President Bush's appointees were just as bad. None of those on your provided list were Cabinet level positions and none were disqualified before even getting out of the gate. Let's stick to apples to apples.
    If we are going to dig into former presidents mistakes, let's not forget the ultimate Obstructor of Justice, William J. (Slick Willie) Clinton. And before you go dragging Nixon's name in the discussion, he was not going to be impeached for perjury, as Bill was. Essentially, Ol Bill used his position in government to deny a citizen her day in court and he got caught by a little stain on a blue dress. But it was just a private matter between two consenting adults, at least that was the song and dance.

What is interesting to me is that more or less both men (RMN & WJ(SW)C) were indicted in the House of Reprehensibles for lying to the public (among other charges). Charlie Rangel, who took great unction to Nixon's lying trangressions seem to have no problem when Clinton got on national TV and lied to the public in the same manner as Nixon. But wait, Charlie seems to have tax problems also.

Seems to me this is just another example of liberals wanting to help every poor Tom, Dick and Harry, just not with their own money. Let's all do our finances like the Kennedy's, tie it up in trusts to avoid taxes, and still live like kings.

11. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Well, Slip. Looks like we're never going to agree about this. Personally, I don't care what Clinton did in his private life. It never affected the direction of the country. It certainly had no direct effect on me. As for Nixon, he had a sitting Vice President forced to resign because of criminal charges, so let's leave him out of it. He still gets me furious.

As for President Obama, time will tell. I agree with many of his ideas, we'll have to wait and see on results. Yes, I'm a liberal, but I also love my country and want it to succeed, regardless who is president. I've been disappointed in the actions of many that I've lived through (12 at my count), but we seem to have prospered, even through the worst (Nixon). I see no reason why that should not continue.

12. texson66

texson66 Ace

Here's the latest on BO's budget from Boortz. Looks like the US is headed down the tube financially...oh, and the rest of the work too.

"
    THE TRUTH ABOUT OBAMA'S BUDGET

By Neal Boortz @ March 23, 2009 8:28 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

You may remember that last month Obama unveiled his budget for 2010. And guess what it included? More government! He proposed spending $3.6 trillion, which is more than 25% of our GDP. And that number will only grow so long as Obama is in the White House.
    It seems that the Congressional Budget Office has some news for Obama .. his budget would commit Washington to unsustainable deficits and increase borrowing by over $9 trillion over the next decade. That is more than four times the deficits of George Bush.
    It gets worse, folks. The Congressional Budget Office predicts that "Obama's policies would cause government spending to swell above historic levels even after the costly programs to alleviate the recession and shore up the financial system have ended. The result, the CBO said, was that by 2019 the US national debt would be about 82 per cent of GDP - about double where it is today."
    How about that? You voted for this guy because he looked cool and enjoys basketball. You voted for him because he appeared on all of your favorite magazine covers and was praised by your favorite TV and movie stars. And, of course, you voted for him because of that magical word "change!" Working out pretty well, isn't it?
    Obama, of course, is saying that the CBO has it all wrong. HE, based on his immense government and management experience - which he has been displaying so brilliantly - says that he will cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. The ONLY way that will happen is if the House and Senate are turned over to a new breed of Republican and a stop is put to this idiocy.
    FYI .. the Heritage Foundation has an excellent analysis of Obama's budget."

Time to get the Survivalist Manual out, clean and oil the firearms, buy ammo (if you can find it) and begin hoarding food!

13. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Oh my GOD! Obama has ruined everything! In just a few months he has utterly destroyed that mighty beast that was the US economy and everything he is doing to make things better is wrong!

14. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Finally you give into the Dark side :darthvader:........I mean the Right, that's the Right side!

15. SMLE shooter

SMLE shooter Member

You are right.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Did you guyssee that fancy and expensive Swingset and playground set that some Navy presidential-behind-kissing Admiral gave to his two daughters. Lordy, that thing must have cost about $10,000.

17. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

Sounds like someone wants a promotion

18. Slipdigit

I've not said he has done that.....yet. There is still time to head him off at the pass.

I believe strongly in free market economy.

This current morass we are in is directly attributable to government interference in the lending markets, going all the way back to Bill Clinton, to include GW Bush's administration, which should have and could have moved decisively to forestall this hard crash, but did not. I don't which was worse, Clinton's bone headed imposition of federal rules forcing banks to make high-risk housing loans to people who didn't care if they paid them back to begin with or Bush's spineless inaction, due in no small part in a desire to mollycoddle a portion of the electorate that wasn't going to vote for him anyway and therefore he and Congress continued to allow the federal pressure to extend weak loans.

As distasteful as it is, that is the situation we find ourselves in and we cannot change what has happened. Rule number one when you find yourself in hole is to quit digging. Forcing more loans on the citizens in the form of escalated money supply is simply continuing to do what has been done to get us in the difficulty in the first place. Lord Roosevelt's alphabet federal agencies failed miserably to pull us out of the 1929 Depression, I don't see how a repeat performance today will do any better.

mikebatzel likes this.
  19. paratrooper506

paratrooper506 Member

well it,s stupid because the middle class people are living on the streets and the rich are living high in the sky I think rich people need to come of there high horse and america needs to stop pledging money to other countries and stop printing money

20. urqh

Slip, serious question...As an outsider looking in and knowing how the depression affected the rest of us after it hit you in those time...and relevant too to European war preperations etc etc yada yada...my yadas not yours...

In your view of your own history as I am only an outsider looking in and only concerned myself with aspects of the depression in States as to where it affected us over here..in your view what did pull you out of the depression at that time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.