Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Osama Bin Laden : Got Him!

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, May 1, 2011.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

This makes some interesting reading, a Twitter going on while the raid was happening. Scroll down to the May 1st entries and start reading them toward the top.

https://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

2. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

I still think the goivenment should have released those images of Bin Laden.. Terrorism is always going to be a threat, and fear of repercussions arn't going to change the outcome. Terrorists will always threaten attacks with or without Bin Laden.

the conspiracy theories are booming. i bet by the end of the year, there will be books and "inside job" documentaries claiming he's alive or didn't exist at all.

The sad thing is that the man has only been dead for a couple days now , and I have already heard so many "theories" as to what happened or didn't happen.

I say close this chapter in history, show the images, and move on to the next bastard.

The government claims the pictures are too graphic and might upset people. But what about when people in New York city looked up to the sky to see Jet airliners full of passengers crash into the World trade tower. How about the million times or so that we have seen the towers collapse on national television. Or watching helpless people jumping to their death from high above to escape the raveging fires in the towers. Was that not graphic enough ? 3000 or so people were killed in seconds, all of which were seen live world wide! has the government forgotten that?

People want proof...

The US government is absolutely sure he is dead, but since when has the world ever believed anything the US governent has ever said?

We as a society are still arguing as to who killed JFK.. that was over 40 years ago! People feel the government is hiding info.

So I say get it all out in the open, show the world the facts the images and videos. The theories may still continue, but for the "sane" population there will be no doubt in anyone's mind that the images are of Bin Laden, and that he is dead .

3. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Heh. Of course he's still alive! He's currently holed up in an apartment with Hitler, D.B. Cooper and Waldo. Elvis lives next door and splits rent with Jimmy Hoffa. Carmen Sandiego is just down the hall, in 4B.

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Oh please, in this day and age of "photoshopping" there is no way to satisfy those who wish to disbelieve. A photo won't do it, even if given it will be challenged. Until people like that can "gush" their hands through the man's blood and brains they won't believe. The "sane" people are confident this is a "done deed".

5. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

I know. My reply was pure sarcasm, 100%. Well, there was an "r" that was only 98% sarcasm, but still, that's pretty close.

6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

reuters has some released footage of the interior and a couple dead folk. all I can say is what messy housekeepers . . . . .

8. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

The response from al-Qaeada confirms that the bastard is dead.

9. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

I saw those pictures too.. they are a bit graphic.. but no worse than what you would see in a ww2 documentary or in one of those csi cirime series.

I wonder who those dead bodies were? Possibly Bin Laden bodyguards?

i'd post the link but i'm not sure if it's too graphic due to the fact that young people surf this forum. For those interested, a simple Google search will provide the images.

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Suzie go to reuters on the web and the left hand side links. anyone can see them for themselves............ it's all over the world whether they are real of faked

11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Those are fakes, even the Senator from Mass. admits he was taken in by those photoshopped pics. The real ones are in the hands of the administration, all others are fake.

Which is exactly why releasing the true photos would be of little value, however the DNA match and "facial recognition" software used pretty much eliminates the chance this isn't OBL.

12. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

Keep in mind that as our troops are out of harms way it is likely that pictures will be released but it is good they protect those they can for now. Pictures today are not ever proof of anything unless you take it your own self.

13. Clementine

Clementine Member

If al-Qaida releasing a statement saying their leader is dead does not clinch it, even for the most die-hard conspiracy theorists, then they are just never going to believe it. Obviously we aren't in this conspiracy together, that's got to be too much for anyone believe - even the guy who thinks he is living down the hall from Hitler, Elvis, Waldo, D.B. Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa and Carmen Sandiego and Santa Claus. :D

President Obama did not withhold the photos just because it might incite anger but also because he did not want the photos to be used as propaganda tools. I think it's the right decision and I wish everyone would just move on. How many times, and how many people can we get to rehash the question of the photos on television? I wish the media would give it a rest.

14. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

:dance1:

View attachment 13148

ETA: Dunno how that thumbnail got attached...I had uploaded it several pages ago (someone had mentioned something about Al Jizz-eera), but the attachment window kept erroring out on me. Ah, well, its still a funny pic.

Attached Files:

15. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

I am just looking at small and vocal Pakistanis protesting about the "disrupted soverignty" of their country.

None of them are asking the far more obvious and relevant question, ergo, "What in the hell was OBL doing in Pakistan in the first place." No mention of harboring international criminals, or the responsibility of Pakistan as a 'soverign nation' to bring OBL into custody by their own Security forces. He had been there for months, and no move from the Paki's, so what exactly do these protestors expect from the US?

If the locals can't or won't do the job, then we have to bring in people who will.

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

I'd like to know why we can't ask for the downed helicopter back. We returned a FOXBAT to USSR that landed in Japan years ago.....Also 20/20 s showing a pretty good synopsis right now.

17. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Thats because the ISI is selling it to the highest bidder as we speak.

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

in other words China

19. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Those ones of OBL we see over the net are clearly fakes.. but the other bodies found in the compound look pretty real. look pakistani/ afghani or possibily arab.

I heard early on that one of Bin Laden's sons was killed in the raid as well. Have the others killed in the raid been identified? I think 5 were killed including Bin Laden.

20. belasar

belasar Court Jester

You are correct sir, would you like to take shakey allies for $300?