Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Top 15

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by USMCPrice, Sep 12, 2012.

1. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I accidentally turned off the Top 15 Statistics on the Forum main page and now I can't figure out how to turn it back on. Help! :eek:

2. 693FA

693FA Member

unless i've misunderstood you, just hit the little arrow on the far right of the top15 bar and should pop back up

3. 693FA

693FA Member

unless I've misunderstood you, just hit the little arrow on the far right of the top15 bar should pop back up

4. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

I sure like that choice of having 50 / 100 / 200 latest posts display at the bottom.
    When things get hopping on here it is by far and away the fastest way to keep up with what interests you.
    IMHO one of the best features of this forum! View attachment 17258

5. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I take it that you accidently clicked on the “Remove TopStats” tab instead of the “view more”? I have done this before myself and knowthat there is a way to turn it back on. Unfortunately I can’t find how I did itpreviously. I think some things have changed slightly since the recent updateso I will have to play around until I find it again. Somewhere, There isanother way to view those stats and once in, you should be able to turn it backon.

PS. I turned mine off as well to try and figure this out, so If you find the solution first, let me know how you did it.

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

There is a little arrow on the right side of the page on the blue bar 'top 15 stats'. afraid to touch it myself, could it restore?

7. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Mike apparently knows exactly what I did. There is no arrow on the right side of the bar, the entire bar is gone. Thanks for taking the big hit in an effort to help me out Mike, and be assured if I find a solution before you, you will be the first person I let know. It's really no big deal, but now I've become obsessed with fixing it. I've spent at least six hours over the last two nights trying anything I could think of, and most of them multiple times. I've messed with so much stuff it's really a miracle that any of it still works!

I would like to thank you all for your efforts in trying to assist me. Ya'll are a great bunch. Thanks again.

8. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

If he did what I did the whole blue bar should be gone. What your are describing is the collapsable window which you can do for any section on the forum. This removed the section completely from view so there is no longer the blue bar. I really think the key is to get into it to activate it again. I thought I had done it previously from the drop down menu on the top of the page, but it looks like a few options are no longer there. Could some one please open the "top stats" section through the "view more" and post the link here for me.

9. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

That was one of the thoughts I had also. I logged out and came back to the site as a guest (not logged in) and thought I'll get into it and then log back in and fix it! Nope, you don't have access to that section as a guest.

10. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

11. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Just tried Lou's link all I got was two banner adds and the notification that I did not have permission to view this page. Hope you have better luck Mike.

12. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Same here with the No permission. Now I'm really vexed.

13. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

I clicked the link Lou put up and it worked okay for me. I was able to change the amount viewed from 5 to 20. It did open in a new window of course and when I closed that page the original window was unchanged. I like both you guys but I'm not clicking on anything else unless I know what's going to happen :) Who was it that had the signature line of ; What's This Button Do ?

14. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

The link is probably not working for us since it is now been disabled for our profiles. I didn't have any fears about doing it myself as I had turned it off by mistake previously, but i did not have this much trouble turning it back on. Will find it eventually.....

15. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Sooo I have just done the same thing! :D

I dont see how to turn it back on either. Kind of miss the top 15!

16. LRusso216

Try clicking on my link, then the Forum button. Close the original tab and use the new window. Logoff from there. That should work. If not, I don't know what else to do.

17. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I've tried it twice. No luck for me. The section does come back when I log off though. Just leaves again when I log back on. Thanks for the attempt Lou.

18. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Nor I.

I should have some time this weekend to look into it.

19. LRusso216

Aarrgghhh! I tried.

20. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I did it too; but, I'll be damned if I can figure out how I got it back.....seems like there is a box you have to click some place.