Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Why I hate...

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Mussolini, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

...where I work. Amongst other reasons, I hate all the illegal immigrants who have populated this area. Crime has skyrocketed over the last year, and we've already had 4 instances of crime (including a stolen car) in my building this year alone - last year there were maybe only 4 instances! Now, apparently my amazon package arrived at 10AM on Friday. No one told me. It never got to me. And now its missing. Chances the cleaners probably stole it (i know for a fact that they move things around etc on the weekends that they shouldn't be touching). So yeah, I'm pissed. Amazon says package was delivered. But there is no package!

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Did you report this theft to the cops? Not that it would get your stuff back , but at least they 'd know some thieves are around. Maybe some of your neighbours had similar experiences. Are you sure the immigrants were the ones? I mean a guy from the post office could have taken it too.

3. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I suspect things will get worse and it won't be the immigrants doing all of the stealing. I feel for you as the worse part of it is the frustration that there is nothing that you can to about it.

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The worse is that is was stolen after the arrival scanning, otherwise they would have sent another package.

5. Mussolini

I'd say 60+ % of the crime in this area is committed by 'Mexicans', the rest committed by Black folk. The neighborhoods around here are like the Ghetto, I even saw a Drug Deal going down on the way back from Lunch last week. If a phone store isn't being robbed at gunpoint, its a bank, or Subway or Dunkin Donuts. Not to mention all the car thefts etc. Hell, the cops even have a flashing sign when you enter this area telling people not to leave their GPS units in their cars when they park. You knows its bad when they have big signs like that up in an area. I looked for a place down here (closer to work) but if I had moved down here I'd either be dead, would have killed some one breaking into my place, or all my stuff would be stolen. Its a really crappy place right now, and a tourist trap too. Rumors abound of a move to an office in Downtown Orlando, but that presents its own problems (paying for parking, and horrendous commute only being part of it).

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sins of the flesh M ~ time for a new job and a move to another location ........... seriously

7. Mussolini

In this economy? Can't afford to do it. I'm safe in current position for at least a year. I like the people I work with, just not the area. The good thing about the cold weather is that its kept the Homeless bums away from the main entrance. Even if the economy turns around, I don't think the area will.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

~ M it's your decision there is work out there, the media has hyped everything up and we now see the trickle effect. do not want to lame your plight as it is a serious one but we have been in a state of 10-15% un-employment for years.

life is tough not doubt, but work is available elsewhere if you put your mind to work. As PzJgr said it will get much worse before it gets better if it ever does.

hang in there

9. texson66

texson66 Ace

M,

Maybe next time plan to vote for border control and illegal immigration law enforcement......it's only going to get worse everywhere if the border fence isn't built and immigration laws aren't enforced

BTW, the social burden (education, health care) of all the illegals is estimated at over 200 Billion per year. I dont know what the related crime burden is, but I'm sure it is close to that too. In Texas, it seems there are a lot of DWIs and related killings of motorists by illegals.

(Mods - if this is too political please edit )

10. texson66

texson66 Ace

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

If it is accurate, it doesn't need editing.

12. Mussolini

Yeah, I could write an essay on what I hate about Florida/this Area. Don't get me started on Tourists :eek:

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

What Musso says sounds like an exact description of Leopard Street in Corpus Christi--it's pretty bad there and you can "score" anything you might desire depending on what address your at on that street.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Stay in Florida Musso, you may have the bad neighbourhood , but at least you have a job and the sun . Don't blame the tourists too much, the ones I saw at Panama beach were pretty hot and they bring part of the money to pay for the illegals. :)

15. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

Before I married Lia, I lived in the city, and came to regret that. It costs 30 percent more to live out in the county, but it's very much worth it. Crime is virtually non existent in our neighborhood.

I used to live in the very same area in which I now work, it's nickname:"Gunspoint". 40 years ago, it was the nice area of Houston, but someone well connected to the city sabotaged that by buying miles of apartment complexes and moving in "section 8" people (poor folks).

After a cop killing in 91, Police worked hard to get gunspoint under control, but that went all to hell after Hurricane Katrina. The first two years saw at least two shootings a day, but now it's two to three a week.

Gunspoint is saturated with cops and security personnel. Even with that, there's still much for these personnel to do. Some criminals are so brazen that they'll try driving a stolen car past Police cars, which are staking out key intersections.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If it can be called "a good thing" that many of these killings are badguy-vs-badgu-and in the long run-ill save tax-payers money because both bad guys will not all be going to prison-and you oly have the survivng bag guy going instead. The sad part is that the other cases involve innocent bystanders. Over the weekend, I was sickened to hear some puke shot a homeless man in the head while he was sleeping. The poor guy never knew what hit him. I certainly hope the murdering batard who did this-gets caught real soon.

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I hope they get him too Carl, but I'm not too optimistic. If the victim was a rich guy with a powerful lawyer and relatives etc.. it would have been another matter , but who is going to remember or miss this poor man?

C.Evans likes this.
  18. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Yes, crime has increased here since Katrina but it is not all that bad. There were no violent crimes reported in all of 2008 in the town where Musso resides and none in my "unincorporated area" which is adjacent to Musso's town.

Musso -- You hanging out in Parramore or OBT again?

19. Mussolini

I work down on 192 in Kissimme, near the Kissimme (however you spell it) Airport, which is where I see the P-51 Mustangs flying. Really crummy area...lots of drugs, bums, poverty, etc. All the illegals hang out near the Home Depot down the street looking for work.

Windermere is great, because of all the lakes and residential areas. No shops (really) or places to hang out/rob. The 'town center' has a small town feel to it and the Police HQ is the main complex there. Winter Garden (next town over) gets a bit messier though.

20. Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot Member

Key to this shooting was that it took place adjacent to the Rice University campus. Rice and it's surrounding area isn't known for violent crime. Being that this poor guy was shot this way, either it was a grudge thing or some sick thrill kill.