Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

431st. AAA AW Bn Battery D - Please Help

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Ryan Crum, Nov 9, 2003.

1. greenfrog

greenfrog Member

2. greenfrog

greenfrog Member

i'm sorry that i didn't get back to you a year ago but at the age of 96 the computer is not something that i spend a lot of time with. wagonhurst was in c battery and ran one of the gun batterys. i remember him as a large guy , not too talkitive but a heck of a good seargent. when ever we had a visitor we'd always send him to to the wagonhurst gun site because it was always in good shape. at that time his gun crew consisted of a 40 milimer Bofors and 50 caliber machine guns. plus trucks to pull them. i'm sorry t5hat i can't give you more info but i was transferred to a different battery shortly after we landed in africa. if there are some things that i could help you with please contact me thru this web site stay well, happy and healthy greenfrog or howard

3. Pat Alongi

Pat Alongi New Member

Dave what was your Uncle's name?

4. Pat Alongi

Pat Alongi New Member

I am very interested in what you might know about the 214th AAA, seems like my father's path might have crossed your path. Thank you so much for your service--God Bless You!

5. Pat Alongi

Pat Alongi New Member

Just wondering is you were able to get pamphlet from GreenFrog?

greenfrog likes this.
  6. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I think I have what you need. Send me your email address (in a PM if you wish) and I'll send what I have on the unit.

7. Dreanaught6 Ancient

Dreanaught6 Ancient New Member

I am looking to get the PDF of the 431st AAA (AW). I am writing a book on the 1st Infantry Division. 431st was attached at various times including with the 18th Inf Combat Team in Tunisia. I am interested in any history or memoirs associated with the 431st or any 1st ID units or units attached to them at anytime during the war. Happy to have PM contact or here on the forum.