Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

980th FA Bn / SS soldier photos found

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by 980th, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ISUnorth

ISUnorth Member

Today I scanned the unit history you sent me so I have it in pdf file format. If anyone would like them, drop me a pm and I can email them to you.

Since I got furloughed from DOD today I figured it would be okay to scan it before I left. It is an Army unit history after all! ;)

bee83301 and 980th like this.
  2. 980th

980th Member

Horace “C” Carter,

Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:00 am
    Horace “C” Carter,

Horace “C” Carter, 93, of Pima, was called to rest at his daughter’s home in St. Johns on Jan. 1, 2014. Horace was born to Willman Carter and Polly Matthews Carter on May 27, 1920, in Glenbar.
    He is survived by: his daughter, Pam, and her husband, Ross Carpenter, of St. Johns; son-in-law, Byron Felix, of Pima; eight grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; sisters, Wilma Rhinehart, of Safford, Nathalene Green (Max), of Safford, and Reva Allred (Gary), of Santaquin, Utah.

Screen Name or EmailNow I remember!

He was preceded in death by: his wife, Olas; daughter, Harriet Ann; great-granddaughter, Dashiel Sonora; brothers Morris, Art and Jay; and his parents.
A viewing will be held Friday, Jan. 10, 2014, from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the old Pima LDS Chapel and again Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014, at 9 a.m., with funeral services at 10 a.m. in the old LDS Pima Chapel in Pima.

3. 980th

980th Member

Grandpa Carter passed away Jan. 1st at 8am. We spent a wonderful Christmas with him. We will miss him terribly, but am glad he is where he wanted to be for so long, with his wife.

I would like to thank everyone who read my post about his service and his units history. I was not able to attend grandpas funeral because I was in Washington DC helping my daughter with her new baby.

Grandpa's funeral was Saturday Jan. 11th. It started at 10am. At the time of the funeral I was watching The Changing of the Guard Ritual at Arlington National Cemetery. I could not have been at a better place.

Again I would like to thank all members of our military who have ever served and are currently serving our country.

4. Natman

Natman Member

Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing, he had a good long life.

Thank you for sharing the story of his service to the country.

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

That is sad news indeed. My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

Be at peace, Mr. Carter. :S!