Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A Few Imperial German awards in the collection.

Discussion in 'German WWII Medals and Awards' started by History-buff1944, Dec 21, 2012.

1. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    I know this thread is about WWII but since no place exists yet for Imperial, im posting a few here.

[​IMG]

2. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    The above:

Friedrich August Cross 2nd class-from Oldenburg. These are equal to the Prussian EKII. This one on its ribbon-also has attached a: For Bravery Bar.

The 2-place medal bar has an WWI EKII as well as one fo the three Hanseatic Crosses. This one is the rarest of the trip of Hansas and is from Lubeck--is called the Lubeck Cross. If memory serves me well? only slightly over 5,000 of these were awarded.

The next cross is the 2nd of the three Hansas and is the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross. Around 50,000 of these were awarded and this one is an earlier made item due to higher silver content in its making. I also have the 3rd crosss-which is the Bremen Hanseatic Cross and I THINK about 15,000 of these were awarded? I dont have it scanned yet and this scan is about 12 or more years old so will be updated some time.