Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

a nagant pistole on the western front

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by aquist, Feb 3, 2005.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    there it lay in the mud of the floor of the ruined bunker. just barely recognizable as a pistol. but here on the Siegfied line, no doubt carried back from the eastern front by some wehrmacht soldier- many were transfered back to the western front as the Allied armies advance on the borders of the Reich. and it fell to me to release the gun from its muddy grave; really only half of the gun's frame was still intact. What I was staring at was an oddity, a 7 shot .30 caliber revolver, whose cylinder was designed to create a gas check as it moved forward after the hammer shoved it forward. thereby increasing muzzle velocity accuracy etc. did it work?. well, not with this particular example the only lethality left in it was to be hurled as a missle at someones head. I no longer have this aincient handgun, but you do see them occaisionally for sale in the Shot Gun News.

2. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    When did you visit the Siegfried Line bunkers?

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    nagant pistole

I visited the Siegfried line bunkers as well as those in the area of the Hurtgen forrest and the Ardennes offensive in 1964 while I was stationed in Germany in the 8th Infantry Division, US Army. I travelled around Europe and visted many countries and looked at many battle fields and war cemetaries. notably the Bridge at Remagen and the bridge at Arnhem and Oosterbeek and Grave. I became very interested in ww2 history and armor in particular. wish I could do so again.