Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

An open letter to all re-enactors of Waffen SS units

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Ron Goldstein, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

In Ireland there is a group that recreates IRA and Black & Tans from the Irish Civil War.

To the credit of the Irish they manage to get away with reenacting two forces that fought with such venom and brutallity it is often very disturbing.

But they see it as a way of keeping history alive regardless of the atrocities BOTH sides dished out.

2. Mortman2004

Mortman2004 Dishonorably Discharged

Still In my mind, The memebers of this forum who are ww2 vets Are Tresures and its a damm shame some lil nazi wanabe irked this poor guy so much he left.... and JC i wasnt refering to you personally. I was referring to the punk kids who WANABE nazis... Last year when I went to G burg with my son The highlight of our trip was seeing the Battle REENACTED.... OH and JC im a Fan of the FIRST MINNESOTA LOL.....

3. Mortman2004

TO me perosnally the taliban and Al queda are real distastful.... at least the SS Stood and fought rather then planting IEDS or donning suicide vests on women and kids and teling them to detonate it in a group of GIS... One thing make no mistake I DESPISE nazis.... and this may sound harsh but the only good nazi in my mind has been dead for 6 days

Za Rodinu likes this.
  4. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

No prob there. I understand :). Its funny that the two posters in question have yet to grace this thread nor the site for quite some time. It is my belief tha neither were looking to join a reenacting unit but just wanting to wear an Waffen SS uniform.

5. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Yeah, and as a consequence that great man Ron Goldstein became disgusted and left. Shame!

6. Pvt. Pyle

Pvt. Pyle Dishonorably Discharged

i dont think that the taliban are freedom fighters or the 9-11 was a US conspiracy, but i also do not agree with people who say that US troops are fighting in iraq or afghanistan to endure freedom.
    Im not saying BIN LADEN or Saddam Hussein are heroes they are tyrants such as the one in the whitehouse.

7. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

And this has WHAT to do with Reenacting in general and the subject of Waffen SS Reenactors in particular?

8. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Well seeing as he is replying to Mortman's post on the same in this thread its in context and I didnt notice you asking Mortman the same question.

Or is it that old 'I dont support the war' thing that still gets people all bothered...

9. Mortman2004

Hey Red.... I dont support the war either... hell i dont support anything that gets me shot at...LOL... Honestly My feelings on Iraq and THE GLOBAL war on terror will never be discussed.. I am a professional soldier... And i keep those feelings to myself... I will say however THOSE SOBS.. IE OSAMA AND SADDAM... LIKE HITLER AND HIS CRONIES NEEDED TO BE KILLED

10. 1911Colt

1911Colt Member

I fund it humorous when people say they "support the war" or they're not "anti-war". Personally i'm not in favor of any war, but i sure as hell support our troops wherever the fight should be.

11. Mortman2004

On a side Note.... IM Friends with a Gentleman maybe a Few of you are Familier with, and have read his book... ALL THE WAY TO BERLIN. Lt Colonel James "Maggie" Megellas..... If your unfamilier with this man.. he was the most Decorated Soldier in the 82nd Airborne division in world war 2... having served in italy at Anzio... Operation Market garden Including The famous WAAL river crossing. The battle of the Bulge and into Germany itself.. All with the H company/ 3RD Battalion/504th Parachute infantry Regiment.... He was awarded The master parachutist badge with 1 Combat jump star, The ETO campaign medal with 6 campaign stars, The presidential Unit Citation, 2 Purple hearts, 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Silver Stars, The Distinguished Service Cross.
    He was also the first American to be decorated by the Government of Holland when he was awarded the “Military Order of Willhelm Orange Lanyard”. Selected by General James Gavin as the most outstanding officer of the 82nd Airborne Division, it was presented to him by the Dutch Minister of War in Berlin in 1945.

I Met Lt Colonel Megallas During my 2nd tour in Afghanistan when he Came to visit the 82nd Airborne Divisions troopers. Since then we have became fast friends. Writing Emails and snail mail letters to him at his home in Coffeyville Texas.. and Phone calls. Anyhow Im going to ask "Maggie" to become a Member of this forum... He is very active in educating people about world war 2 and discussing his experiances... I sincerly doubt some nazi wanabes will bother him much he is a tough Old Paratrooper... Keep your fingers Crossed about him becoming a member I think he will and i will keep you posted...

12. Za Rodinu

Great idea! :)

13. Pvt. Pyle

so you just kill...and dont think??? thats really sad you knows, but its the truth soldiers are not meant to think.

my father served in the falklands fighting against the ghurkas, as a Leitenaunt and was one of the elite troopers that invaded the islands and stayed. He always says to me that to do some atrocities you just have to block your mind and do them. He saw his best friend in there having his throat cutted by a junkie ghurka

14. Pvt. Pyle

Sorry it may be off subject, but i think its my honest opinion and i do not offend anyone by offering it

15. Mortman2004

Oh so now I commit atrocities? lets get one thing straight youngster.... I dont Murder folks I kill em... and a piece of advice ya ever meat a combat Veteran face to face... watch your mouth... he may kick your teeth out if ya imply he was a war criminal

16. Mortman2004

Oh so now I commit atrocities? lets get one thing straight youngster.... I dont Murder folks I kill em... and a piece of advice ya ever meet a combat Veteran face to face... watch your mouth... he may kick your teeth out if ya imply he was a war criminal.. Do you ask your dad about his war crimes he commited or is it just guys who fought in iraq and afghanistan?

17. Za Rodinu

I can't believe you wrote that, Mortarman. They deserve a true and fair trial first, they can be hanged later :lol:

18. Mortman2004

Oh and FYI my political beleifs are my own, Not yours.... ya should maybe look into something called DUTY and loyalty to your Commander before ya make such ridiculous statements...

19. Mortman2004

So your dads pal Fell Victim to a Kukri huh... sucks to be him... maybe ya all shouldnt have invaded the falklands..

20. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

the dangerous thing is,when my nan was a kid back in the 30s,all the kids would follow these blackshirts,goosteppiing,copying them,allsorts.it was not until years after,she realised what it was all about.lee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.