Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Are there any Germans here?

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by Krystal80, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

That would really stink. So hunting is pretty much for the wealthy. Isn't England similar? I think I read that anyways. When I was young and poor in college, I lived mostly on deer meat.

My dad wants to know what your favorite rifle is. He said he thinks the most accurate rifle he has shot is a Remington 03 A3 30.-06 bolt action 6 shot.

He mentioned when he was in Germany that he would push through the trees for people hunting wild boar, but he never hunted there himself. He thought you had a type of deer called a Rae that was about as big as a dog? But he is unsure of the spelling. Also some sort of quail bird?

He wanted me to mention he thought he saw all kinds of things coming home from October Fest. I didn't know what he was talking about and then he said it is a big party and lots of beer. That explains it.

It would be neat to switch places. I would love to see Germany and all the places my dad visited and you could come hunt some big bucks. Too bad it isn't that simple!

2. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hi Krystal,

yep that ainĀ“t funny. I dont know exactly, but i think it would be similar in the UK.
    I have two favourites: with normal iron sights its my M1917 in .30-06 and with an scope it is my Lee Enfield No.4 MKI* which is a Savage made one. The 03A3 is a great rifle but over here good ones are expensive. He is right, we have small deers called "Reh". Some are as big as a German shepard and others are bigger. We have quail birds too and some ducks, wild goose, pheasants and many others.
    The Oktoberfest is the biggest party in Bavaria did you never heard of it? Its a really huge party with thousands of people and of course Beer and bavarian meals too.
    Oh, that were fine to switch places, i like go hunting and i do this with a good friend who owns a piece of forest.

Here is a Link to an "Reh" Fotodatenbank von Thomas Kirchen - Reh (Capreolus capreolus)

Best Regards

Ulrich

3. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

If you have time could you email me a picture of your M1917? I don't think I've ever seen one.
    vfburrseye at gmail.com

Never mind I looked at your post wrong so I have seen that one. You have some nice guns. I get to spend the weekend with my dad and we are going to shoot a couple of his new ones. Have a great weekend everyone

thanks for editing my email Lou