Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Best Multi-Purpose Aircraft ?

Discussion in 'Weapons & Technology in WWII' started by JCFalkenbergIII, Jan 26, 2008.

1. P-Popsie

P-Popsie Member

DH 98' had carrier borne versions as well as all the versions listed above. Neils Bohr the famous Physics Scientist traveled to a meeting about the German heavy water project and its significance on the outcome of the war. Thats a fairly important Agent. Also the Maquis received a number of deliveries care of the DH 98's flying out of Teddington.

TA152 likes this.
  2. P-Popsie

P-Popsie Member

Thank You Sir!
    To: TA 152.
    Also could you give me any pointers on how to display immages in these posts as i've tried twice and have only managed to get them up as attacments?
    Cheers.

3. TA152

TA152 Ace

I am afraid you will have to get someone else to help you with that as I have not figured that out myself.
    Can some nice forum member help us out ???????

4. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

What I do is upload them as attachments then do a cut and paste from the attachment itself. This apparently gets around the "no cut&paste between different security zones" control in Internet Explorer that will not let me paste something that originally came from my disk but only something that comes from another site. But I noticed the picture is degraded to an a red X after a few days :(. I've tried asking as well but got no answer.

5. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

what about the soviet aircraft?.the Pe-2 perhaps?,or the Tu-2?.i have heard of these aircraft,does anyone have any info?.the soviet designers were very resourcful,so i understood.cheers.

6. P-Popsie

P-Popsie Member

Cheers for that i'll have a lash at it hopefully three voices may be heard, although we all may be missing somthing simple of course?

7. Plumky

Plumky Member

I have to agree with JC up there the Beaufighter sure did exceed orginial expectations remember it was designed for coastal patroling then turned into night fighting, light bombing and and sub - hunting.

and it was one hell of plane when it came to handling

8. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

The 4 engine version of the JU-88 seems to be very inferior to the B-17 in terms of protection.

9. Plumky

Plumky Member

I dont know really Ju - 88 was one hell of a rugged air craft and this is even noted in allied records!

10. redcoat

redcoat Ace

RAF Coastal Command had 7 Mosquito FB IV Squadrons in service during WW2, and the Mosquito was equipped with torpedoes in a post-war version.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-a8U1QWUw&feature=related

11. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

i think the wellington is often overlooked,bomber command,u-boat killer with lee-light,coastal command and i believe that it served on 100grp.please let i know if im correct or not,cheers.:)

12. redcoat

redcoat Ace

It merely shows us the British and US had a variety of excellent aircraft designs, unlike the Luftwaffe.

13. redcoat

redcoat Ace

Was there a single seat fighter-bomber development ?
    There was with the Mosquito ;)
    [​IMG]
    The de Havilland Hornet
    The prototype reached a speed of 485 mph when it first flew in 1944, post war operational versions had a speed of 472 mph. served in the RAF until 1955

14. TA152

TA152 Ace

I saw this on the internet so you know it has got to be true ! :insane:

Attached Files:

15. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Poetry in Motion!