Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Boston bombs...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by urqh, Apr 15, 2013.

1. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I hate these labels...modern left...what the heck is the modern left...I see no left in your Democrats...then again I see no left in our labour party here...the label is useless. The Republicans and Democrats, like our Labour and Conservative don't have much clear water between them. They both as Poppy would say...subscribe to the Global future. All of them up to their necks in globalisation. We are all citizens now..Except us in UK...we are subjects from birth....

2. lwd

lwd Ace

It is in the US, although it is more a by product than the intended goal. I suspect the same is true of Canada and perhaps Australia and others.

Welfare is not success, indeed it can become the antithesis of success. The idea is to produce a system where an immegrant has a good chance of becoming a functional successful member. If there is a good chance that they are or will be terrorist don't let them in in the first place.

???? Not at all sure what you are refering to here.

Immigrants can be a hugh boost to the economy. They are often very hard working and will perform jobs that more "established" people will turn down.

??? My ancestors have only been here for 2 or 3 centuries at most. Some likely came because of said civil wars. The same is true of most Americans (and Canadians and others). I think you will also find that many fought or at least there families fought in the World Wars. Indeed aren't most immigrants to Britain from former colonies?

That's another issue and only marginally relevant to the one at hand.

??? Not really. What makes you think that?

Is that a deliberate strawman or didn't you understand?

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Cringe a little when I see any big brains reply to my nonsense. The feedback is needed in order to form a better opinion....Just remember, I admit I don't know much, and come here to learn by reading in between the lines.

-NKorea basically says: Feed Me. And we do. If we don't, they threaten war... I surely missed making that point due to poor communication/writing skills.

-Just read an article [Drudge] where the CIA was sending "bags" of money to the president of Afghanistan. ..Surely to buy prevention of attacks on our troops...I have heard of this practice on a smaller scale.

- An article in Drudge Report says a whistle blower reports food stamps given "by the truckload" to immigrants...I pay 30% tax. [funny-know an immigrant from Portugal who is working at McDonalds. Let's just say he suffered "sticker shock" when he got his first cheque.lol.Haha. Welcome to Canada.] ...I Live cheque to cheque. I don't want 1 penny going to malcontent immigrants. Seniors and healthcare in my books ...Please don't make me look up and post those articles. Should be easy to find.

- Welcome all right thinking immigrants. They should be Oiler fans if possible....Installed an alarm in a shoe store, West Edmonton Mall. It was the back storage facility. A young lady of East Asian descent, who was worried her family may see her alone with me in such a secluded area. She [probably 20 yrs old] confided that she could be hurt [not talking about belt/wooden spoon spanking like I got as a kid]....I was 23-24 and was absolutely dumbfounded to think that a family would hurt one of its' own that severly...That instance contributed to my current views...

Oh oh, caught a wave, hope y'all don't mind: And now after reading post, I remember that the guys who built West Edmonton Mall were Iranian. The Ghermezian brothers who immigrated in 1959. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Edmonton_Mall . I remember when they wanted to put up a walled/covered private sidewalk [that was already an existing, beautiful public sidewalk] in an old established neighborhood where Pat Bowlen [owner of Denver Bronco's] lived. Just so the public couldn't see them. It was a ridiculous request and the city turned them down...They were notoriously cheap. Folk died on their poorly maintained roller coaster in mall, and they did everything in their power to fight the wrong they did....My point? Hugely wealthy people come here to escape their troubles there. But don't want to assimilate...Thanks for reading.

-What is the distance between Drudge and Alex Jones? In kilometers please.

Brings back a lot of memories. Lived 1 block from there when it happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKtQX89HQo

4. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Doh....Hard to tell if last post stuck. Nevermind.

Have noticed most times trying to post links, the link shows up corrupt in the post. Anyone else notice same?