Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Call of Duty, Black Ops..

Discussion in 'Call of Duty' started by sniper1946, May 15, 2010.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Does it come with the Red-Blue Glasses for 3D play?

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

3. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Just got through "Black Ops" I am less than impressed. Seems to me that the developers were more concerned with creating "Gee Whizz!!! in the game than actual game play.

Haven't played multi player yet hopefully it will be more entertaining than the campaign mode.

On the upside: The Zombies level is pretty entertaining.

Thus far the game gets a big thumbs down

4. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

That is unfortunate, not to be rude, but I hope you are wrong because I have really been looking forward to getting this game when it comes out.

5. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

I agree that the campaign was not that good, but co-op and mp is fun/good.

6. Radar4077

Radar4077 Member

haha, zombies are ALWAYS entertaining, no matter what game they are in :)

7. Mussolini

Well, I thought the SP Campaign was interesting, but really didn't feel like I was in Vietnam at all, for the most part. I would have liked to see more Vietnam Style Action. The actual storyline was engaging and certainly throws you for a loop. I did quite enjoy the WW2 Level in Antartica. Nothing really groundbreaking in the game as in previous versions, but certainly entertaining.

Have yet to throw myself seriously into the MP - I did take a look at the Classes and quite like the idea of 'buying' weapon upgrades with the points you earn from killing people in MP. It looks like you can even customize your Camo, Reticle color, and even the 1st Perk changes your appearance.

8. GregA

GregA Member

Once you get past the massive amounts of lag on the PC version for both SP and MP it could have potential to be a good game, but until then, probably not...

9. Mussolini

True, the Lag is killer, though apparently they are working on fixing that. How it came to be to start off with is a mystery to me.

Having explored more of the MP, I quite like it. As you rank up, you gain access to guns, but have to buy the gun. Once you 'buy' an attachment, you can use it on any weapon. Also gain access to customizing your clan-tag image (though cant create your own from scratch). Lots of other cool things too - like the Combat Record, where you can compare stats with your friends.

10. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Pretty pleased with the MP online play

Sloniksp likes this.
  11. GregA

GregA Member

SP is patched for me now, so it's actually enjoyable. MP still has a bit of lag, but it's 100% better. Zombies is fun, especially after you beat the game and get to play as the special character. I actually chuckled at the video sequence before.

12. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

'Call of Duty: Black Ops' Sells Record $360 Million in 24 Hours
    The numbers are in, and "Call of Duty: Black Ops" has beaten not only the previous installment in the series and James Cameron's "Avatar," but everything else as well, earning it the title of biggest entertainment launch of all time. The video game sold 5.6 million units, making it a total of $360 million, in its first 24 hours on sale.

13. Mark4

Mark4 Ace

This is a really fun and enjoyable campaign was great (as usual) I like the dark-gritty cold war approch Reznov awsome once again:) but wont see him again:( and vietnam was ok like musso said it didnt have that feel to it the multiplayer was great and I get to run around as Kennedy giving zombies free shot gun slides! I give it 9/10 P.S. I brought it for my computer I dont like consoles.

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

I am a campaign player. X Box. Didn't like this as much as I'd hoped. Tired of waiting for gameplay and having a storyline rammed down my throat. Shut up already and let me blast away, AIGHT? The high speed chases/escapes are just lame. There is some good shiznitz but I'm still disappointed....My 14 yr old kid however hasn't been out of his room for the last week. I enjoy watching him play online. He is a veteran and knows many tricks and good spots. He actually lives for 3-4 minutes.

15. Mussolini

Yes, I think running around as Kenedy (Castro, and those 2 other guys) is probably the greatest part of the game. Just the things JFK says while killing zombies made me laugh. Killing Zombies in the Pentagon = Awesome.

Now, MP will be AMAZING if they fix the lag issue. Fingers crossed.

16. Lady Prime

Lady Prime Member

I play this game on Xbox 360. My online name is Lady Prime One

17. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Lol I cant stop playing Zombie mode with my friends online!!! Zombie mode alone is worth the buy! Lol

Lady Prime likes this.
  18. Lady Prime

Lady Prime Member

Agreed. Have you seen the zombie mode for President Kennedy and McNamara yet? I haven't but yet a friend of mine has..it's creepy!

19. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Yup I have. It tames place in the pentagon... I like the house more, its not as cramped.

20. Mussolini

Yeah, by in the Pentagon you get to listen to some pretty hillarious commentary from JFK etc. Makes me ROFL every time.