Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Chain gun query

Discussion in 'The Guns Galore Section' started by bosworth gannaway, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bosworth gannaway

bosworth gannaway New Member

via TanksinWW2
    majorwoody10 you are sure right, that Tommy is a beaut of a weapon !
    That rate of fire AND a .45 cartridge !! Wow !!!!

One other query. I recently watched on YouTube what appeared to be some Iraqi soldiers acting suspicioulsy around a couple of trucks. As far as I could tell, they were being observed by a US chopper using infra-red and situated some distance away. After what seemed to be a somewhat perfunctory exchange of messages between themselves as to establishing the identity of those observed, the crew of the chopper then opened fire with a weapon with a great rate of fire. It was difficult to establish ( so much dust and shit was kicked up )if the bullets fired were either ball or explosive such as a cannon shell, but the Iraqis went in nonoseconds flat from being clear cut infra-red images on the screen, to being absolutely f------g zilch !. Thye seemed to have been fragmented to the state of being atomised !!! Surely even if a body is dismembered by concentrated machine gun fire, large parts of it will remain in situ and continue (albeit for a very short while ! ) give off an infra-red image ?
    I know that machine gun fire will fragment a body into segments, but what kind of gun will destroy a human body to the point at which it no longer exists ? Would that be a chain gun firing explosive rounds ?
    BG

2. Oli

Oli New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Since you didn't give the link to the video, and the only real clue is "US chopper" then I'll assume it was an Apache.
    The M230 30mm fires HEDP and HEI rounds.
    Both contain an explosive charge.
    At up to 625 spm that's 10 rounds per second arriving at the target...

3. bosworth gannaway

bosworth gannaway New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah, I know - I'm sorry not to have provided a lnk but I am sure that it'll be easy to find.

I guess that 10 r.p.s. of those little muthas arriving on someone's ass will certainly spoil their day, for sure, let alone blow it to Kingdom Come !!
    BG

4. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    theres a new vid of some iraqi insurgents on a roof top that meet a similar end at the end of an apaches long bow...its rather harsh on the buildings paint and masonery as well ...ive heard the a10 warthogs bow cannon with the depleated uranium rounds can hit people from so far out that they dont even hear the jets engines coming before its to late , not even one "allah al akbar" out of them ..on they go to paradise and their 70 waiting virgins...so its not all bad...

5. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I got that video on my PC,it is from first Iraq war.It was apache cannon 30 mm. In that wid they allso kill badly wouded Soldier who crawled on the ground.

6. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    well... he obviously was in great pain and the 70 sloe eyed virgins were just one more quick lil burst away ...( really, it was an act of kindness and clearly it was gods will )...allah akbar!

7. Zable Fahr

Zable Fahr New Member

This red charnel pit of primal horror, howling bla
    via TanksinWW2
    the Houri were actually 72.

i know it's a very small mistake, but if you're gonna mock them, at least do it right

8. sinissa

sinissa New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Right.....

9. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That Avenger cannon blows tanks to kingdom come. It's a good gun.