Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

China Burma India campaign credit

Discussion in 'The CBI Theater' started by Brian Warren, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Member

It is listed in the history of the 69th online signed and dated by the assistant C/O Captain Joseph F Bolan

2. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

I was referring to battle stars for Central Burma and the China Defensive. Sorry, I just didn't make it clear. I've been looking at stuff for you as I look for stuff for me. You should know what I'm thinking at all times. Haha

3. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Member

Was wondering if anybody knows the geographic area for qualifying for the China Offensive and the China Defensive WW2? On the internet its shows a picture of China,Thailand and Korea. In the writing it lists these countries stating Japanese occupied areas of these countries.

4. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Member

And would the China section of the Burma Road be considered for these campaigns if you were there at the allotted time Frame? My father said while traveling the Burma Road in June and July of 45 there was still gunfire at that time.

5. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

I have read that a man *can be* awarded awarded a battle star outside the dates if he comes under fire and his commander submits for it. I will try to help more later. I don't know all the answers to your questions, but want to know as well.

6. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Member

I know that the land mass of China is Massive and I know most of the fighting in China was in the eastern parts closer to the ocean. But when I looked up many Army SOS units that received China Defensive campaign credit many of them were stationed in Kunming and or in Yunnan Province.

7. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

They could have been attached to the American trained Chinese Army, Y Force (or Z Force?), that trained at Kunming, then went into combat. Kunming is in the Yunnan Province. They also could have been attached to The Chinese Combat Command (Americans, some stayed behind, some went into battle.) I am vaguely familiar with all this because dad was at Ramgarh, India and they were doing pretty much the same thing as Kunming, China... Training Chinese, special units, etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  8. Brian Warren

Brian Warren Member

Does anyone out there know of a private military researcher that does Army Unit lookups? At present I am using Golden Arrow are there any others out there?

9. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

I am currently using Golden Arrow for the first time. I can't make any recommendations as I haven't used anyone. There is a list of independent researchers on the NARA website.