Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corona Virus - How is that working for you?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by wooley12, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack B

Jack B Active Member Patron  

John is now in the hospital.

"John Prine is another star to fall ill amid the coronavirus pandemic following "indeterminate" test results."

2. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

Joe's wife Tara and my daughter are friends and this really hits deep. Joe was one of the most down to Earth guys and I regret not being able to meet him. I was hoping to see him in concert this summer when he did his annual show in Central Illinois - now that chance is lost.

Don't let the opportunities you may have pass you by.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yeah he was just this Cool.

photos taken by and then 'borrowed' from my little girl of Joe & Tara's wedding

CAC, wooley12 and Takao like this.
  3. Class of '42

Class of '42 Active Member

Somebody said to try this throat spray 3-4 times a day...

Anti-virus spray.jpg

Kai-Petri and Jack B like this.
  4. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

Way ahead of ya. Using a bottle of 'Jack' as mouth wash every morning. And afternoon
    and evening.

5. Jack B

From BBC:

A British D-Day veteran, who was awarded France's highest military honour, has died after contracting coronavirus.

Harold Pearsall, of Tamworth, Staffordshire, tested positive for Covid-19 while at hospital in Birmingham on Friday and died on Sunday aged 97.

Mr Pearsall, who took part in the Allied assault on Caen in 1944, received the Légion d'Honneur in 2015.​

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

R.I.P. Harold!

7. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

My next door neighbor's mom died from the virus yesterday. On her 92 birthday. A friend from HS has the virus. His partner died on Saturday. The war that the world is in now gets real when we know the casualties.

8. Jack B

Very true, wooley, very true.

9. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

the thing is- these people need very special "toilet paper". you cant go to any store to buy RV TP. ..this fact turns 'normal' RVers into "locust" Rvers - hence the zombie.

10. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

During an apocalypse, does the bear shit in the woods?

My son is bringing me a 20 gauge today that he thinks I need to protect me from the zombies. But he's still running his construction business with the signs taken off his truck because he believes the virus is a liberal conspiracy. I'm not letting him come into the house.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    CAC likes this.
  11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Thanks Wooley...I needed a laugh.

12. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Thank you. I try to be the older gent in my home town who's duty is to make all the clerks and waiters smile. Making someone smile makes my day.

CAC and Jack B like this.
  13. Jack B

And it is often fairly easy to do. :)

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  15. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Our governor here in Louisiana just extended the stay home/lockdown thing until April 30th, and maybe into June if we don’t get the curve flattened out a bit. It was at April 14th.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

So Many shops, restaurants etc will 'die'.

17. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

We'll I now have a shotgun. Remington 870 Compact Express. View of the kill zone from the door of my bunker .

coranaumbrella-min__1585759307_24.18.192.150.jpg

18. Jack B

I don't quite get the fear of marauding hordes. I keep a shotgun handy during the best of times, but I don't really expect an uptick in assaults at the moment.

I was reading Pacific Crucible and was interested to see that after Pearl Harbor, Dec 8, 1941, a day that will live in retail horror, Americans had gone panic shopping and wiped the stores and markets clean. So, I guess that's in our nature.

But, the zombie horde thing doesn't really make sense to me. I imagine that if LE goes down due to covid-19, the National Guard would step in with the authority of martial law.

I do think that this virus is difficult to cope with, so anything that provides some sense of control feels right. So, we buy extra TP to wipe our ass and extra ammo to cover our ass.

Not criticizing! Like I said, I keep a shotgun handy regardless. And....maybe I'll go handload up some more 45 auto rounds now......;)

19. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I prefer the term "Kill Box" which implies different zones to be hit from different bases of fire, and terrain features which funnel the enemy into those zones. Like that open area on the right of your photo would be Kill Box "A" while those taking cover behind or under the picnic table would have to be exterminated from a different base of fire after being funneled there from "A." That picnic table area would then be Kill Box "B" and require fire from a different base, a window further to the left.
    I'm lucky in that I have an upstairs and relatively open desert terrain around most of my house where with rifle fire I can hold them off at well beyond 300 yards. My only risky zone is the pond in my front yard where willows and junipers give them cover up to fifty yards. Still, I can keep the area suppressed with buckshot until they make the Banzai charge into the open ground directly in front of my house - Kill Box "X."
    If overwhelmed, I'm prepared for scorched earth tactics; lighting all my toilet paper and throwing it off the veranda to deny them vital supplies and render their sacrifices meaningless.

Kill Box.jpg .

20. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

My gun posts are of a spoof. I see my life at times as a situation comedy. I do understand the mass hysteria though. Fear of the unknown invader is the basis of so many Sci Fi movies it must be in the human nature. And the NRA has done a good job of marketing fear for 10 years. People these days have more guns than pitchforks so that's what they reach for.

I got my gun make my son and wife feel less uneasy. My son is a paranoid conservative and my wife, who used a garden hose to chase a bear out of the yard last summer, was leaning chairs against the door at night. Gun ownership for me is a Psy Op.

But I'll take it into the forest and run through a box of shells for the experience and some kicks.

Jack B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.