Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corona Virus - How is that working for you?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by wooley12, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

.......the odds of dying from heart disease/car wreck/plane wreck/etc are greater than dying of C19....

....plain and simple, the MSM is making this out to be bigger than it is--as they usually do with everything...instead of headlining everyone that has recovered or who don't even have it, they headline DEATHS = because that's what gets the $$$$$

2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I probably put 3 hrs a day researching this plague. Fro 4 weeks now. I'm in another forum with EMT's, MD's, S&R, Virologists, and young people who've had it (not fun). The wisest researchers say "We don't know yet." You're in the midwest and away from the front (for now). The odds of YOU dying, are low maybe. Unless you work in a meat packing plant or take the bus to work. I'm looking odds for myself.Who and where I am. Just being situationally aware. 40-80% of patients on ventilators die anyway. I'm not afraid of dying but the trip sounds lonely and awful. It's not the MSM slant that concerns me. I'm underwhelmed by the leadership. To put it mildly and apolitically.

3. Takao

Takao Ace

Corrected for you.
    The odds of dying in a car crash were 1 in 106 for 2018...So Corona odds are greater.

The odds of dying in an airplane crash in 2018 were too small to calculate...So the odds of dying from Corona is greater.

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Thankfully so! Most of the village idiots are paying attention now & taking precautions. Although there are some village idiots out there that still have not got the message.

Given that we were so unprepared when this started, and not much better off now, i don't want to imagine what this would be like if everyone went about as they normally did.

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia has flattened the curve so much we are now thinking about an exit strategy...The Aussie Rules may start as soon as June!

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

China hits out at President Trump

‘Chaos, destruction’: China blasts the US

“The US' attacks against the WHO is groundless... A sovereign country that investigates the WHO and treats international organisations so arrogantly won't be supported by international law.”
    Gosh this sounds familiar re: The South China Sea

belasar likes this.
  7. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

.....''you're in the midwest'''.......who is in the midwest??..if you are '''replying''' to my post, there is a ''reply button...if you use it, I know you are replying to me ...
    .....the odds are good that I will not die ......everyone has to die ....if you use common sense/discipline/etc, your chances are even lower that you will not die
    ....explain the ''leadership''' aspect

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  8. Takao

Takao Ace

Up until about mid-March Trump was pooh-poohing the pandemic and downplaying it. All of the White House briefings are i, i, i, I. He's not leading...The Governors are, except for that idget in Florida.

And what's up with him insisting on his name being on the stimulus checks? The money is not coming from him...I don't see every member of Congress having their names on the checks.

He's lower than a snake oil salesman in my book.

9. Takao

Takao Ace

Typical Trump...Not his fault...Always someone else.

10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

11. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

hahahhahah
    1. ever since 2016, people have been whining and crying about Mr Trump--so anytime they do it now, we laugh..they've been screaming about all kinds of fake crap--ever since 2016...we laugh now
    2. this has never happened before---this is a monumental [ to say the least ] problem.....and you expect people/governments/etc to do everything exactly right??
    ...Mr Trump has always done well and is doing well/the right things

12. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

....wolf wolf wolf
    ..that's what you people have done since election day..so you know what happens to the boy who cries wolf?
    ....we laugh at all the TDS ......
    ..you cried because he was fairly/legally elected
    bold for emphasis only

13. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

ugh. told myself i wouldnt post until the big news hit.
    but am disgusted with what the d's and their cult have been doing.
    heres pelosi from feb 24, inviting everyone to china town.
    keep in mind, our military tried to warn us in January the china virus was coming...things in italy were weird then already. - hug a ccp ...that was odd.

Pelosi Tours San Francisco's Chinatown To Quell Coronavirus Fears

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

what are the numbers?
    usa contributions to WHO
    china virus contributions to WHO
    anyone want to bring up the latest pic of who board meeting.
    looky. (evil) bill gates (why would he resign) just contributed a whopping amount of money to the who.
    and the cdc- heard it is a private organization. which means their goal is money.

15. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Last month we had 1,000,000 tests and anyone who wanted one could get one. ;) So we were told. Not inspiring IMO. Waiting for a full testing program to control the spread and prevent a repeat of the outbreak is a year away. Free market has 50 states competing with the Feds. We need a War Powers manufacturing effort for a national testing program . I'd like to see a Manhattan Project effort.

16. Takao

Takao Ace

Where did you hear that from?

The CDC is a federal agency under the Deparment of Health & Human Services. Your source has confused the CDC with the CDC Foundation which is a separate private organization.

17. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

yup. troll. possible robot.
    where is the picture of the tree that nearly ended your life/destroyed your home... still waiting.
    manhatten project- gtfo

18. Takao

Takao Ace

Here is the members of the WHO Board.
    WHO | Composition of the Board
    No one from China is on it.
    Myth Busted!

Even more oddly, there should be a US Board member, but it only says To be communicated.
    I guess Trump forgot to assign one.

19. Terry D

Terry D Well-Known Member

Bad leadership and unpreparedness are simply inexcusable, whether they come from the right or the left or anywhere else. Some may claim that criticism of the current president's performance is prejudiced or politically motivated or some kind of plot, but the facts are against that interpretation. COVID-19 has ruthlessly exposed incompetence not just in this country but everywhere else as well. If you look across the world, we have seen examples of rotten leadership by leaders (so-called) of all nations and parties. China is officially Communist, and the ineptitude and callousness of its government played a major part in this disaster. Italy is not Communist, but look at what a catastrophe the disease has caused there. Iran's government is Islamist (= KILL THE FERENGHEES), but that government acted with appalling irresponsibility as well and the people of that nation have paid the price. As for our us, some state governments (both Republican and Democratic) have acted vigorously and effectively, while some have not. It's clear to me that many agencies of the Federal government (CDC, USPS, armed forces) are doing their best under the circumstances, but like the states they are hamstrung by the amateurishness, political bigotry, and irresponsibility of the White House and its untrained political appointees. Our Federal government is facing the most serious crisis we have had in decades, and despite the valiant efforts of many competent professionals its performance has not been so far what it should have been and could be. This is a World War II site, and whether one is a Republican or a Democrat (I'm neither, so don't leap to conclusions) it must be said that Franklin Roosevelt was a good wartime leader who picked excellent professionals (King, Marshall, Arnold) and almost always listened to them. Please note, too, that when it came to the nation's safety and the Allied cause FDR put aside all prejudices and worked with men who disagreed with him politically (Knox, MacArthur, etc.) but whose professional judgment he trusted. Our nation's performance in World War II was far from flawless, as any student of it knows, but individuals and the system as a whole responded well and the result was victory. For this crisis we need similarly good leadership at the top, the kind of well-informed leadership which will marshal all resources according to a comprehensive plan. This disease will not go away after the first wave. It's time for the amateurs of all political persuasions to get out of the way and let the real leaders lead.

20. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

the internet. just type in ur search.
    lets wait and see what happens with fauci, brix ("two smart people walked into my office")
    people saw fauci turn red about the leaks.
    disgusting all around.
    2.2 million?
    close economy...
    hell to pay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.