Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Do you think our veterans get enough?

Discussion in 'War44 General Forums' started by SamIam, Nov 12, 2007.

Tags:
?

So what do you think? (read post)

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  3. Other (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SamIam

SamIam New Member

via War44
    I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks they dont get enough. That said do you think that the vets of this war are going to get better treatment or will the government never learn?

2. katharina

katharina New Member

via War44
    I didn't see the special, but CNN seems to have an agenda that... well, isn't exactly on par with how we proud military families feel. I am from a very long line of veterans and it's pretty easy to start seeing when political agendas come into play.

3. katharina

katharina New Member

via War44
    Thank you for posting it. It's so easy to start running off with stories of things that went wrong and totally forget about thousands upon thousands of veterans who are extremely happy with their care, their treatment, and their benefits.

As far as this poll is concerned, I marked no only because I think that they should be getting the highest pay of anyone because of the hazards connected to what they do.

My nephew is about to head out to Iraq in a couple of months. He's proud to serve and I hope he can overlook the naysayers when he returns and still be proud of his service.

[/QUOTE]

4. Shadow War44

Shadow War44 New Member

via War44
    As a navy veteran, I am glad that I have the option to go to the VA for my medical care, especially that I am now on Disability ( Social Security Disability not a service connected injury - just a wrecked back from having a kid nail me from behind on the freeway at 70 mph. The kicker: He was on his way to Marine Reserve Duty. ) That said, I have bad teeth, and the VA doesn't do dental. I cannot get a bridge or any major dental work unless I pay out of pocket for it. I hate to see how we are gonna find ways to screw the kids over in Iraq next.