Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald John Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Show me where I did any "wailing"? Disrepectin', yeah. Trumpet hasn't earned any respect from me.

And, yeah, this is why I refer to this area as "The Dump."

2. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    The guy says a lot of things I do not agree with but at least he is open and up front with them unlike Clinton who hides her emails away keeping her thoughts to herself.

With Trump I guess you know what you are getting whether you want it or not, with Clinton who knows what she is going to do (except may be the Russians hacking her emails).

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Actually...yes.

On paper the Republicans have the better position, but the dems only need a net gain of 3 seats to take control. Long term demographics are working against a republican party that refuses to make credible arguments to Hispanic voters, heck even Black voters. Nor can the GOP count on the dems to continue making the same mistakes, a bitch slap defeat tends to focus the noggin.

I also stand by history, Americans routinely vote for mixed government rather than give one party extended periods of control. Obama won a major win in 2008, but lost one house in 2010, lost the other in 2012, but got re-elected.

The American voter can be fickle.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

Open and up front? You mean like with his taxes...or with his refusal to answer the CNN reporters question...or with his "special" relationship with Russia...This is the same clown who's central campaign was based on "Making America Great Again" by reshoring, despite the fact that most of his merchandise is made in foreign countries.

Not to mention that this clown also wrote an article back in 2005 entitled "Outsourcing Creates Jobs In the Long Run."
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060507011645/http://donaldtrump.trumpuniversity.com/default.asp?item=98255

Correction...With Trump you never know what you are getting...But, it is likely to be different then what he has been telling you.

5. freebird

freebird Member

Will be interesting to see.
    The Dem's have been moving left in recent years, so those defending in red states will have a tough fight, especially as their party is portrayed as anti-coal in WV and anti-oil in ND. (Not to mention anti-gun and pro-abortion)

6. Takao

Takao Ace

Not necessarily...WV just put a Democratic coal man, Jim Justice, in the governor's seat.

ND, though, is looking to be a tough fight for the Democrats.

7. freebird

freebird Member

And a Republican senator that has this strange dream that he's a Democrat.:D

8. freebird

freebird Member

MT, IN, OH, MO, NH could be tricky too, depending who the candidate is.
    I doubt highly the Dem's will take control, and may lose a seat or two

9. Takao

Takao Ace

Or is is a Democrat who thinks he is a Republican.

I do respect the man though, he does not let partisan politics get in the way of getting things done. Kudos to him for that. Wish there were more like him.

10. Takao

Takao Ace

PA too, and I agree, I can't say I see the Democrats taking control in 2018...Well, unless the Republicans really screw the pooch during the intervening time.

11. freebird

freebird Member

A moderate Democrat? Weren't they all hunted to extinction in the last millennium?
    (along with more moderate centrist GOP senators in VT, RI, PA, OR, NM ?)

12. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Libya probably but Syria? At this juncture I don't see the US being able to muster anything of significance in Syria. After Aleppo's liberation and the new UN resolution involving Turkey, Russia and Iran it seems the worst is behind in Syria.

13. freebird

freebird Member

The comments by DJT were interesting, musing about dropping sanctions for Russian help in wiping out ISIS.
    If the Russians, Iranians and US were to combine forces they could wipe out ISIS in short order.
    Probably a better idea, to surround and destroy it quickly, rather than to let it bleed out slowly, giving time for terrorists to disperse around the Middle East and Europe.

14. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Thing is these 'peace talks' ignore both the US and ISIS. The Syrians and Russians have been avoiding ISIS like the plague all along and may continue as it leaves it in the lap of the US. For that matter ISIS is already in a number of countries as it is now. I can't see Putin giving up a chance to stick the Trump administration with this tar baby since his primary goal is to expand Russian influence ever outward.

15. Pacifist

Pacifist Active Member

In that case we'll see how well Trump's "Art of the Deal" works in the the area of international politics/war. How much can he get from Russia for lifting sanctions?

From what I've seen of Trump if you cross him he'll hold a grudge but will forgive and forget if it's in his best interests. Considering his current business/political record I wouldn't bet against him.

16. freebird

freebird Member

Perhaps, but if you believe reports, Russia would probably like to cut a deal with Trump, so this may be their opportunity.

I see a comprehensive deal going something like this:

1.) The US recognizes Crimea as part of Russia, perhaps also a referendum to affirm that's what its citizens want.
    2.) Russia ends support for Donbass rebels, they rejoin Ukraine with some devolved autonomy.
    3.) Sanctions on Russia end.
    4.) US acknowledges Assad as legitimate leader of Syria, but he pledges some reforms, amnesty, human rights etc.
    5.) Russia, US, Syria and Iran wipe out ISIS in short order.
    6.) Russia pledges to help prevet Iran developing nuclear technology.

17. freebird

freebird Member

Referring to my post above, Trump claims a complete victory.

1.) He ends the war in Ukraine, and allows it to start to rebuild. (Sans Crimea)
    2.) He's wiped ISIS off the map, without the US having to commit 10's of thousands of troops.
    3.) He's ended the humanitarian catastrophe in Syria, with some progress towards human rights.
    4.) He's gained Russian assistance in slowing Iranian nuclear progress (as much as possible)

18. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Now here I'm afraid we disagree friend. Perhaps this is due to our reading material? It was Russia that first exposed the Daesh oil program to the world than destroyed it. Difficult to imagine that the US was unaware of what was happening... It was Daesh along with Al Nusra and other who held Aleppo. That too is done. Militants in the Idlib region are now being pressed as well. Palmyra was exclusively held by Daesh and so was the 2 year siege of the Syrian military base which was liberated last year. Russia did not concentrate solely on Daesh but systematically bombed every and all rebel movements. As time went on it became apparent that there were virtually no "moderate" opposition against Assad. All of these movements shared the same extreme beliefs. Half of these rebels aren't even Syria but are foreign mercenaries.

As for Assad, in 2014 elections were held all who could vote did and this was observed and confirmed by independent observers. Assad won. I find it difficult to imagine that no reforms will be made but this is up to the Syrian people.

19. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Russia will never end support for the people of Donbas and the rebels won't have anything to do with Ukraine until they have representation (all of whom were kicked out of office during the coup). First Kiev must open direct talks with the rebels. This was the first of things Kiev promised to do in the Minsk accords and has still not done it.

French and Italian delegations have visited Crimea and have both stated that the people there unequivocally want to belong with Russia.

As for Iran, Russia does not want it to have a nuke either.

20. green slime

green slime Member

1) A new referendum on Crimea isn't going to happen.
    2) Assad isn't going to pledge anything, and Russia couldn't make him.
    3) ISIS and the Caliphate is an idea, a multiheaded hydra, and is not going away any time soon. Even if Assad regains control of Syria entire.
    4) Iran has Nuclear technology. The deal is already made, however and the Iranians have already agreed not to exceed specified limits on enrichment, and weapons grade plutonium biproducts. What is Russia going to do to prevent the Iranians from getting what they already know? What's known is known. It has said it will not seek to produce a bomb. With the current limits on enrichment, it can't.

There are many nuclear threshold nations that are today not nuclear armed but could create or have access to a device remarkably quickly if needed / wanted.

Saudi has rocket launch sites prepared, rockets capable of carrying nuclear weapons, and a treaty with Pakistan for nuclear weapons if it needs. This also allows Pakistani devices to be potentially stored well beyond any Indian threat.

One of the little known facts about the SAAB AJ-37 Viggen? Nuclear hardened, with specifications and capabilities to carry a nuclear weapon. The device, never fully assembled and tested, but nevertheless would be quickly. The plane has been retired since 2005.

In today's world, it is only ownership of nuclear weapons that guarantee indepence. Iraq, gave up the nuclear pursuit. Libya, gave up nuclear weapons (see what happened to Gaddafi). Last Arab war with Israel? Prior to the Israeli acquisition of nukes. North Korea? Still existent. Ukraine, gave up nukes for territorial guarantees, lost Crimea. The conclusion, without nukes, you better have a very good friend that has nukes. The Iranian republic, born from the Cold War ashes of British-American meddling, and Soviet intrigue, sought a third path, and has suffered, friendless. The Jews have the Bomb (Israel), the Christians have the Bomb (US, France, UK), The Hindus have the bomb (India), the Sunnis have the Bomb (Pakistan). Even the Godless Communists have the bomb (Chinese).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.