Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

F1 2005-2012

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Mar 20, 2005.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Yeah Webber still driving for them... : )

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Alonso is not at all happy with their F1-car,and Vettel seems to be unhappy as well. Kimi likes racing again, and Lotus seems to have some good qualities, seems like the tyre problem is bad for them.

3. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

I am happy to see Mercedes get back into the game....I may watch more of the Formula series as Indy cars get less interesting for me.

4. Gromit801

Gromit801 Member

Four races. Four different winners. Vettel not one of them. Loving it. He's starting to remind me of Hamilton with his foot in mouth disease.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Nico far best in the practice sessions. Going for his second victory and fast?

6. dash rip rock

dash rip rock Member

I was very shocked to see Kimi so outgoing and happy with his second place finish.

Seriously, how can he always look so bored? They could put up a cardboard cutout of him and get as much emotion. At least he still picks his nose and looks at it!

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Kimi always wants to win, second place is not good enough for him... he might look bored but he´s the one partying weekends with friends... ;) I read most of the other F1 drivers don´t touch alcohol at all to be in shape for races...

8. dash rip rock

dash rip rock Member

Kai that's what I've heard, but I can still picture him out partying looking like he's at a funeral! Don't get me wrong, I like Kimi, but I wish he was more enthusiastic about a terrific start to the season for Lotus!

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Kimi drunk in Monaco some years ago...it´s a miracle he did not break his neck... Ouch....

Drunk FAILURE - YouTube

10. dash rip rock

dash rip rock Member

That's hilarious. And they say F1 is dangerous, not nearly as much as yachting, huh! Maybe that's what he needs, to down the Moet instead of spraying it! I wonder what Bernie would say if Kimi did a header off the podium like that? I'm sure it would depend on the ratings it got...

11. dash rip rock

dash rip rock Member

So back to the racing, the season is pretty wide open right now, although my boys in Italian Racing Red probably had their one moment in the sun (RAIN?). Who do you see taking the driver's title this year? Vettel looks back to form from the last race, but I don't think McLaren is going to be a pushover. I'm thinking it might be Button's year in the end, and as a diehard Tifosi that galls me to say that. :)

12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

It seems nobody will be winning as many races as Vettel did last season. So it will be a tight competition who wins the championship. Mclaren or Red Bull? The new Ferrari could change things as well, but they did say last year that the new version will be brilliant and it has not been. I think we´ll have to wait until the end of the season, perhaps the last race as well, to see who wins.

13. dash rip rock

dash rip rock Member

I think you are correct, this will be decided late in the season, hopefully at the last race so we get that added drama for the entire season.

14. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

F 1 is vastly more interesting this season/ I was very pleased to see Maldonado and Williams win today. Sorry about the fire putting a damper on their victory I am pleased to see Kimi come out of retirement, in F 1 , and do so well. My wife was born in the US but is pure Finnish, nice to watch with her. I am pleased to see some of the less well known teams and drivers doing well.My friends here in Alabama find it odd I have followed F 1 since
    I was in my twenties, am 72 now, but I find any remotely circular tract racing boring in-spite of constant restarts. Heresy down here in Bobby Allisonland.

One of my happiest events was the chance to meet Rob Walker at his wonderful Georgian farm house in Wiltshire, in the village of Nunney. He was quite elderly at the time but took the time to show me some of his cars, got to sit in a Lotus 25, a stable mate to Jimmy Clark's. He invited me for tea in his library full of memorabilia, such as trophies, gloves and one of Clark's and Mike Hailwood's helmets. I so hate to sound off about that day but to this farm raised boy it was a miracle. By the miracle of modern day TV we can watch multiple camera complete race coverage. I remember waiting to get R&T to find out who won what months before.

I had not noticed this "Sports" section before or forgot seeing it.....more likely!! LOL.

Gaines

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

16. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

This seems to be Kimi's Miracle Year. I was afraid his career would end abruptively when Montezemollo has decided to sack him. With so many surprises and unexpected events this season might be one of the best in the recent years.

PS: This time Kimi was uncommonly eloquent: he said all together twelve words, including: " .. that's all, thanks." ;)

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Massa for Ferrari seems to be in trouble now. 2 points by now and compared to Alonso very poor performance...

18. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Alonso takes victory in Valencia, starting from 11th position. Great going. Kimi second, and he was not happy. " We did not come for the silver here. We came to win!".

19. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

What a crash in Belgian GP

"McLaren's Jenson Button gets an incredible start from pole position, as does Pastor Maldonado from sixth place but there's absolute carnage further back as Lewis Hamilton smashes into the back of Romain Grosjean and takes Fernando Alonso out of the race in the process. What a mess. Fernando Alonso, who has finished every race this season in the points, takes his time to get out of his car, but he looks OK. The Spaniard, Grosjean and Hamilton are all out of the race after just one turn, while Kamui Kobayashi and Pastor Maldonado head for the pits with damage."

BBC Sport - Belgian Grand Prix

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali