Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For the other Astronuts out there

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Nov 2, 2011.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

"The season when the fish get out and walk because the water is too warm."

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

We only get warm water from taps here.
    Love a good heatwave.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I used to drive close to the US-Mexico border when I was hunting deserters. I told my guy to not push their cars or they'd overheat. Always one who didn't listen and had to wait for some with extra coolant came along to top them off.

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Lots of ifs and buts, but interesting.
    "Many of us look to the stars for answers to life’s most complex questions. But actually, some of the greatest mysteries lie beneath our very feet.
    One might think we’d know the Earth pretty well by now but, in fact, our planet’s core remains shrouded in enigma.
    Indeed, there are two gigantic blobs located beneath Africa and the Pacific Ocean that occupy around six per cent of the world’s entire volume. And yet, we’re still not entirely sure what they’re made of or where they came from.
    There are a number of hypotheses, including that they are piles of oceanic crust that have accumulated over billions of years.
    But a more interesting theory is that they are huge chunks of an ancient planet that hit the Earth around 4.5 billion years ago.
    To give an indication of just how massive these things are, the structure under Africa – an area known as Tuzo – is thought to be around 800km (497 miles) tall – the equivalent of some 90 Mount Everests stacked on top of one another, as IFL Science notes.
    The problem with determining the origin of these monster formations is that there are no direct ways of observing the Earth’s core."
    Scientists have discovered two giant mystery structures lurking under Africa (msn.com)