Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Forum Restructuring

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Some sites give a warning message if you try to copy the photo. I don't know if they will come after you after a while. I personally think if the photo is published in the net it is for everyone to use.

2. Takao

Takao Ace

Copyright does not work that way...Just as if the photo was published in a book, it is not for anyone to reuse, even if they have a scanner.

Kai-Petri likes this.
  3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I accept although some sources say the net is open for everyone, and thus respect the warnings. I have put hundreds of photos on ww2 and Nobody has asked can they use it. I prefer not to publish it if I want to keep the photo mine.

4. Takao

Takao Ace

We're the photos yours? As in taken by you, or you have the negative...Or were they photos you found on the net and reposted or Hotlinked here.

Several websites have disabled hotlinking for the simple fact that, not only does it eat up their bandwidth(costing them money), but it also does not generate web traffic to their website(costing them more money). NavSource did that long ago - you can download their photos to your hard drive and repost them as attachments, but you cannot howling to their photos.

5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

You are allowed to make copies, you can't make money off them.

6. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Thanks for the info. Haven't had a problem until recently, I blame the russkies. Now if I can figure out how to clear my cache !

7. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

If you are really mad at the Russians, President Zelenskyy said today they were forming an International/Foreign Legion for fighting the Russians! My phone has blown up all day from veteran friends that are seriously considering it, including one of my sons. I must admit the idea is intriguing.

Biak likes this.
  8. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I'm approaching 67 in a couple months, can't run more than a few yards without getting winded for five minutes but can still hit a man size target at 200 plus yards consistently with my .270. I'll stay in my compound. :D

CAC and USMCPrice like this.
  9. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Got this text ten minutes ago from a guy that was one of my corporals when I was in the Marines. He went down and joined the US Army to go fight in Iraq and deployed with an armored brigade in 2004-2005. He was a school trained sniper and got approached by an SF team near the end of his deployment. The gave hin a test he passed and extended for a year to work with them advising the Kurds. Came back to the US, divorced his wife, went back in the Marines, got selected for recon and went through their pipeline. Deployed back to Africa to fight ISIS and a couple of other deployments to where he couldn't disclose. Got out again and started working as a military contractor.

Chuck texted:
    "Gettin word contracts are goin out as well. Not bad, summer on the Black Sea. Packin my trash."

Owen and CAC like this.
  10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I bet a lot Germans sign up for that...We would have a bunch of Australian-Ukranians sign up also...However, -

Ukrainian men travelling from across the world to join the fight against Russian invaders - ABC News

Australians warned that travelling to fight in Ukraine could reduce them to 'cannon fodder' - ABC News