Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

General Forum Info/Ideas

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Peppy, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Otto

Otto GröFaZ Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

We really need to move this along Peppy, there is so much to do!

So as I understand it, we have the following post/titles :

Rogue - the generic term for a WWII Forums member, kind of like grunt, landser or foot-slogger. As soon as you register here, you become a "Rogue." Some of the Rogues can be seen in the WWII Forums Rogues Gallery. If you like, send Peppy an email (HitlerStalin@ww2n.com) or Private Message and he'll add your mug to the gallery. Note that you must have at least 100 posts to submit a photo to the Rogues Gallery.
    recruit - less than 100 posts *(new title, see below)
    Veteran - 1,000 posts
    Ace - 5,000 posts
    Expert (aka 10K Elite) - 10,000 posts

* I've just added this one rank to the mix here, that of the recruit. This is any member who has less than 100 posts. Recruits will be given a standard recruit Avatar and will have a reputation power of zero. Once a Rogue hits 100 posts they become a full fledged WWII Forums member with the ability to choose their own avatar and will receive 1 prestige/reputation point. There is no title that replaces recruit once a member hits 100 postings, the only title alteration they receive is that they drop the shameful recruit tag. ;)

It should also be mentioned that these titles are independent from the rank system that will be implemented here. More on the ranks system will be added at a later date.

Finally, I just wanted to update Peppy's list of Veterans, Aces & Experten as in this post here. We have had a few additions to the veterans, so I though it was worth listing this roll of honor again.

Here is our current list:

Experten
    C.Evans
    Kai-Petri

Aces
    Erich
    Martin Bull
    Friedrich

Veterans
    Otto
    Za Rodinu
    Stevin
    Stefan
    PzJgr
    The_Historian
    TA152
    TheRedBaron
    T. A. Gardner
    Sloniksp new
    Panzerknacker
    Richard
    Mahross
    No.9
    Skipper67 new
    Carl G. E. von Mannerheim
    CrazyD
    KnightMove
    FramerT new
    urqh

That's 25 Rogues with 1,000 posts or better, cheers to you all, :cheers: and a special congrats to Sloniksp, Skipper67 & FramerT for obtaining Veteran status!

Thanks to Peppy, Skipper67 and the others who submitted ideas and contributed to this thread.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Sounds good to me, Otto!

3. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Looks fine as well. It's a pity we haven't of late seen some of the Veterans listed.

4. Otto

Thanks Kai. :)

I agree with you Za, but I guess people move on after a time.

I think it should also be mentioned that these titles are not titles alone, they will come with some privileges, including server storage space, custom avatars, custom titles etc. :D

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

MMMMMM. Treats for the vets! I like.

6. Richard

Richard Expert

A super Boss :otto:

A outstanding website :cool:

And a great bunch of guys :)

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Congrats to the new 1000 and above guys (Slon, Skipper and FramerT) ;-))

8. Za Rodinu

Hey, great changes at the bottom of the forum front page!!!

9. Otto

Yeah, the Top 10 Stats are a nice touch don't you think Za? And while the ton 10 lists is a big addition, there is also quite a tiny addition to the user profiles as well. Member profiles now include the % of the total board posts that a particular member has made, Carl has almost 9% of the 125,000+ posts made so far! :eek:

10. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I was thinking that earlier, great update Otto.

11. Otto

Thanks for the feedback and comments gentlemen.

One of the best features of the Top 10 feature is that if you don't like it, you can turn it off so you don't even see it when you visit. Nifty methinks. :otto:

12. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Otto,
    What about a section devoted to the various home fronts? I found myself fascinated by the British home front because I couldn't get to the Continent when I was younger, but there must be some interesting tales from other European members, and indeed American, Canadian, Japanese members. This is stuff that doesn't tend to be widely known.

13. Otto

Good suggestion, home fronts are a must.

I'm actually going to be restructuring the forums, I had plans to do it last month, but I'm sorrily behind. I'll start a thread asking for suggestions on what areas people would like, the home, as at ww2talk.com, will indeed be included.

14. dots77

dots77 recruit

hello gentlemen,
    this is my first message and its quite important as i have a very important request to ask the members. me and some of my workmates have recently stated to refurbish a ww2 model 17 pdr british anti tank gun and i was wondering if any of you could tell me where i could get an illustrated parts manual or even a repair manual as some parts of it are very badly degraded.

if i get enough feedback and information i may put up pictures of my progress.

thanks a lo folks,

daithi.

15. Za Rodinu

Not quite the best place to put this request but I'm sure the Mods will move it to a better place. (nudge nudge, wink wink!)

I stopped at Athenry once on my way to Galway, pretty place! I wish you all the best for your very unlikely endeavour. :)

How did you came into possession of such a piece?

16. Joe

Joe Ace

I havea little idea, It probably won't work but I thought I might as well share it.

How about having a little picture of a WW2 AFV somewhere in the post reflecting that rogue's staus?
    E.G- start at a Type 95 Ha-Go and end at the Maus or something like that.
    I was thinking as we have a lot of empty space between the medals and the little bit of member info on the right hand side, so we could put it there.

17. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

I still like the idea of issuing hash marks for length of membership or partcipation.

18. Vanir

Vanir Member

I hope this is the right place to post. I just wanted to mention there are a lot of spyware bots like double-click and so on associated with the site, and loading times are pretty big. A lot of the time I can't load the bookmarked link at all, and have to first load a cached page and then link back to it to get into the site, which I'd say is probably in part some of that spyware.
    Not sure if much can be done about it, but there are days where the site is simply inaccessible. My computer's not all that new, but it's not exactly pissy either, this is the only site I can't get an immediate load up on, including javascript sites.

19. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Thats strange. Apart from an odd graphical glitch which I have shown to Otto, I have absolutely now issues accessing the site. *knock on wood*

20. Joe

Joe Ace

About half the time I try to log in, all I get is a message saying DNS Error-server not found. Really annoying.