Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

german items

Discussion in 'Collections' started by Pierre, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for the information on the watch. I am a skeptic by design on engraved items as I have personal knowledge of dealers that have taken seemingly common items and had them 'enhanced' at local shops in the states such as 'Things Remembered'. I watched at the SOS one year as a dealer cleaned up selling monogrammed personal items that were worth only their weight in silver. Unless I can obtain something like that from a family member or the veteran hmself I just stay away....but it is your piece and if you are happy with it...then that is all that counts!:cool:

An interesting side note on Helmut...he was never officially awarded any medal or achievement badge in all of his time of service....he was a 'desk jokey' I guess you could say...he rose in rank due to his mental prowess....

And as far as the dagger goes...I would be more than happy to take a look at it. It is always nice to hear nice things being bantered around about your collection but it is always reassuring to have someone that is educated to give you an honest opinion.

Rich

2. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks Rich,that is what I am looking fore a good honest opinon,it seems like you know a thing or two about this Helmut Guy,al I know is that he had the iron cross second class and a medal for horse riding,later at the end of the war he was awarded with the german cross in gold but never received it,one of his personal files states that he is not a healty boy and smokes to much;that is the reason why he died in 1955,not due to smoking but because he was sick and left behind in Budapest ,so surviving the slaughter of Florian Gayer division,correct me if I am wrong here
    P.

3. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

When you look him up in the DAL it shows no official combat awards...strange. It was also my understanding that he died in 1958...you have documentation that states 1955?

Also...he was awarded the Finnish Order of the Cross of Liberty, 3rd Class with Swords on the 13th of May 1943.

4. Pierre

Pierre Member

5. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

That is very nice thing to have. Sounds like you have done a complete research on your item.

Congrats Pierre.....pity you can not get a refund on the SS buckle.

Rich

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

too many parts..disassembly.. :eek: C-96 Disassembly

7. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hi Pierre,

The one for Euro 900 was offered to me but the mags and the barrel didn´t match to the rest. I know pricing til 2000 - 2800 Euros, but 6000 Euros, wow! Thats heavy. A collector in north Germany offered Marine Luger´s all complete and matching numbers for 4000 Euros and a team mate purchased an Artillery 08 from him all complete and matching numbers ( 1917 Erfurt) for 2600E, so 6000 Euros seems really much for the "normal" 08.

Regards

Ulrich

8. Pierre

Pierre Member

I changed my mind about selling this buckle,since I am a fanatic about fake ,I think I am gonna crush this little piece of junk with a large hammer,this thing won't be for sale anymore and the next stop will be at a dumpster,it was a 50€ buckle had it been 500.....HHHHMMM
    anyway I am very gratefull for telling me this,fantastic feeling to get rid of a fake
    Cheers
    P.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Pierre is your great uncle buried in La Cambe ? I sometimes go there as well as toChampigny St André and I could get a picture for you

10. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Good for you mate! :cheers:

11. Pierre

Pierre Member

Hi Ulrich, here are some prices of krieghoff lugers
    krieghoff P-code 15,000,$
    krieghof 1936-13,995,$
    ;;;;;;;;; 1937-10,000,$
    ;;;;;;;;; s-code 12,500,$
    the cheapest found was 3500$ with cracked grip,If you have a complete matching krieghoff with magazine for 2000€ and you want to sell ,give me a shout, and I will be on your doorstep within hours,are the lugers on special permit or are they free for sale ? are there many deactivated lugers for sale ?
    P.

12. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hmm. now i know that i really dont need an Krieghoff Luger!!! As i said the Mag´s and the barrel didn´t fit to the serial numbers. The other ones are really guns and no deactivated ones. I can look around we have some older collectors that sell some of the 08´s time by time. If you want i can tell you if i find a good and collectible one. Where have you seen such prices, at Herrman Historica in Munich?
    The last one in mint condition was an Erfurt 1916 all numbers matching with the wooden bottom mag but without an holster for around 600Euro´s.

Regards

Ulrich

13. Pierre

Pierre Member

Hi Ulrich,thanks you make me drewl with those price,s it"s not that I am desperatly seeking for a luger,since I own a nice specimen
    but for those prices I am always ready to make a trip to Bavaria,an Erfurt
    with some minor pitting on the barrel was presented to me for 1800$
    yes I know the Herrman site in Germany but google Simpson lugers and take a look at those prices,amlost every gun sold here is based on U.S prices

best regards
    P.

14. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks Skipper ,Reinhard is burried at Marigny,block2-14-539 I thank you very kind for your proposition,but each and every two years I pay my respects at Marigny and take pictures on the occassion , you may say that I am a war tourist
    regards
    P.

[​IMG]

Skipper likes this.
  15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, these Black Widows were actually made originally for shipment to Portugal. I cant say how many of these eventually came into SS hands?

16. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

Great collection Pierre, thanks for showing

17. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

18. Pierre

Pierre Member

another thing I know ,but I am shure that the luger in the Bastonge mueum is with black grips,donated by an American general
    P.

19. Pierre

Pierre Member

Thanks
    Andy

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Great quality picture Pierre, the gloomy and murky sky goes very well with the tragic aspect of this Memorial