Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

HEADS UP ERROL FLYNN FANS AND FANS OF CLASSIC MOVIES :-D

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Jul 10, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Me too! carl...A very beautiful lady...

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

errol and olivia..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh,they sure would have made for one hell of a couple. O. de Havilland is still living last I heard and in her 90s.

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

long may she do so, too carl, it'll be a sad day when her time is through..

5. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Carl, if i was born some days earlier she would have fallen in love with me!!! Äähhhm, .....ok ok, only in my dreams! :(

Ray, great pics! The b/w pics are much nicer than the colour ones from todays stars.

Regards

Ulrich

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, same here. Also, I used to have a crush on good-looking ladies of yesteryear like: Claire Trevor-who is blonde and blue-eyed, but was cute as a bug in a rug ;-)) I also had a crush on Barbara Stanwyck as she looked when she was in Ball of Fire and Meet John Doe-opposite Gary Cooper both times. Man she was hot.

I dont know but, I think we were born about 40 or so years too late.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray, thanks for the shots from: They Died With Their Boots On and Santa Fe Trail. It was either: The Adventures of Robin Hood, or TDWTBO-where I first fell in love with Olivia de Havilland-most likely the 2nd movie.

PS, my sentiments exactly, may she live much longer and always prosper. To me when that sad day comes about her, will easily equal the days when I heard Duke, James Cagney, Cary Grant, Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul, had all passed away on. I was in a dark mood on hearing about their passings.

9. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Sadly that you´re right! More than 40 years to late:(
    But if you see it in an positively way, she was born 40 years to early;)
    Good taste, Carl!

Take care

Ulrich

10. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi my friend, thats a good way to look at the problem but still............... ;-))

Well, at least Princess Madeleine of Sweden is not getting married so-she is available ;-))

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice ones Ray. The Sea Hawk as Captain Geoffrey Thorpe along w/ Alan Hale Sr. and Dawn Patrol mit David Niven und Basil Rathbone. Both these movies greatly helped me become a huge fan of not only the actors in them but for movies decades older than me ;-))

13. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

[​IMG]

[​IMG] the adventure's of ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    at 94, the beauty is still there...fantastic looker, for her age.

Revelation: From her Paris home, Olivia de Havilland admits she and Flynn were in love, despite years of denial

Olivia Mary de Havilland, born July 1, 1916, in Tokyo, Japan, lives today in retirement in Paris, France. She last acted in 1988, and her last public appearance was at the 2003 Academy Awards. Olivia de Havilland is the last surviving principal cast member from Gone With the Wind.
    (This answer is current as of Jan. 19, 2010.)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Wind-star-Olivia-Havilland.html#ixzz0v34mzGW7

14. Falcon Jun

Falcon Jun Ace

I have to admit that the name Errol Flynn didn't ring a bell for me when I was a kid watching rerun of his movies.
    It was only later on when I started paying attention on who the actors were did I realize who he was. But copies of his movies were difficult to come by here.
    Then came the DVD and CD revolution. Suddenly B&W films were more readily available than they were before.
    The first Errol Flynn movie I bought was a copy of "They died with their boots on." It was fun to watch but I believed it could have been better.
    I'm proud to own a copy of Captain Blood, the movie that launched Errol Flynn's to stardom.
    I can say that many elements of this proto-pirate movie are still in use in modern versions of pirate movies. In a way, one can say that Capt. Blood was the forerunner of today's swashbuckling pirate hero.

15. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Errols first appearance...:D keep watching, he will appear...:)

[YOUTUBE]7suhh8v9Xn4[/YOUTUBE]

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ray and Cheers Fal/

Ray, thanks for these extra pics especially of Olivia de Havilland. Your correct, she is still a beauty ;-)) The last time I saw her as an oplder Lady was in one of the airport disaster movies and she then was still very beautiful. ;-))

Pic Nr 1) They Died With Their Boots On w/ Arthur Kennedy and Anthony Quinn as: Chief Crazy Horse.

The 2nd pic im not sure if ive seen the movie? but I dont think its: Adv/ of Don Juan-doesnt look like hes young enough in that one. I have the Don Juan movie which is part of one of the three Flynn boxed sets I have. Im ordering the newest one from TCM come the first week of August.

The last pic, im not certain which Western its from? Ive onlty seen about half his Westerns once-and most fo those were about a year ago.

Fal/ glad to see some of the classics are making it your way ;-))

Being she lives in Paris, France, it would be great if Skipper managed to run into her as I would love to have an autographed photo of her-or her address in the least ;-))

17. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

carl it's, Adventures of Captain Fabian ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

A slight sort of correction. When I posted about that pic being from They Died With Their Boots On and listed two of the other acrtors names including Anthony Quinn, I didnt mean that Quinn qwas in that very pic as that pic is from when "Custer" had just ben posted to the 7th Cav-thanks to running into Gen Winfield Scott (aka) Sidney Greenstreet ;-))

Hi Ray, no wonder I got that one wrong, ive never seen any image or read anything about the Adv/ of Captn Fabien. Just another to look forward to buying if ever released on DvD.

Pic 1 is unkn.
    Pic 2) Edge Of Darkness.

Pic 3) Ive een that movie before-a few yr ago as a matter of fact, but, I cant remember its title.

Pic 4) Family photo?

Pic 5) Unkn.

19. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

back to classic photos..
    [​IMG]
    Basil Rathbone, with Errol Flynn, who is wearing a costume for a jousting scene that was later cut from the film. and the film was! Robin hood, carl..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Basil Rathbone and son rodian...

[​IMG]

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ray, your a Treasure on finding these pics. Most are production shots and behind the scenes things. Some ill bet will be ones you will find for sale IF you can find any original images from these movies?. Love the extras from Robin Hood. Ive never seen any of those kinds rom that movie before-let alone from any of Flynns movies with teh exception of a few from Sea Hawk and They Died With Their Boots On.