Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hearts of Iron - Holy Smokes!

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Gibson, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

Hope you only built mountain troops, send them in, 4 of those 12 will be air, so think of it as 8- some might be cav(worse defence). and I believe after declaration of war they will spread out to possibly even all provinces.

2. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Well, i went in with 12 Inf Divs vs 9 or so of their own. Mtn Divs are worse in Mtns. when up against Regular Inf. I made a succesful attack in the neighboring province and manged to capture the remaining two provinces while the fight went on. Took less then a month total before Bulgaria was annexed. I am also part of the Axis, along with Germany and Italy and Albania (of all countries). Turning attention to Greece - but they have land fortifications of 5 so its gonna be one helluva figt.

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Its Sept 1940 - Italy has North Africa, and working on the Mid East and Mid - Southern Africa. Germany controls rest of Europe (and Vichy France) and also controls Belfast (Ireland). As Yugoslavia, i have 4 Mtn. Divs defending Berlin (on loan to Germany) and had Two Cav Divs fighting the Russkies (conquered 3 provinces for the Germans). I removed them and am now building a task force to transport my troops to the Mid East (to the area of Syria) or down through the Suez to Kuwait - want to get the Oil because then i can control lots of Resources and what not. Might even go into Iraq as they are part of the Allies right now. Lots of research - from Italians and Albanians - is being shared with me.

4. Munken

Munken Member

5. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

Sadly, heartsofiron.net has been closed. I used to be active on the forums there as Karl Doenitz.
    I can still remember one of my friends loning me Hearts of Iron. I played it addictively as Germany until I had conquered everything except for Italy, South America, China, Manchuria, and Japan. By that time the game was boring since there was no great power left to conquer. Shame since I still had two years left. [​IMG]

6. Heartland

Heartland Member

This just in from the progressive decision-makers in China, via AFP. Gotta love the classic communist thinking behind this one:

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------

China bans game for 'distorting history'
    Beijing
    May 31, 2004

China has banned a Swedish-made computer game accused of "distorting history and damaging China's sovereignty," by showing Manchuria, Tibet and Xinjiang as independent nations, state press said on Saturday.

The computer game, Hearts of Iron, made by the Stockholm-based games developer Paradox Entertainment, also showed Taiwan as a part of Japan, Xinhua news agency said, citing a censorship committee under the Ministry of Culture.

"All these severely distort historical facts and violate China's gaming and internet service regulations," the ministry said. "The game should be immediately prohibited."

All websites are banned from releasing the game and copies of the game on CD-ROM will be confiscated. Sellers will be punished, it said.

Internet bars that provide downloads of the game or fail to stop surfers who download, install or play the game, will be fined or even ordered to stop business, it said.

Earlier this year gaming regulators ordered all copies of a Norwegian-made computer game to be pulled off store shelves after alleging it "smeared" China's national image.

Project IGI2: Covert Strike was accused of blackening Beijing and the Chinese army's image by featuring a freelance mercenary stealing intelligence and conducting sabotage in China. The mercenary fights in the game are across three linked campaigns in the former Soviet Union, Libya and China.

With the popularity of the internet, computer games have become a booming industry in China.

In 2002, computer games pulled in earnings of 910 million yuan ($A153.5 million) according to a report by state-run television station CCTV's website.

Analysts predict growth in the industry will be enormous with rising demand and the improvement of the broadband network and domestic game developers.

China's previous attempts to control burgeoning internet use has been targeted at politically sensitive messages or essays in online discussions forums, websites and emails.

AFP

[ 01. June 2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Heartland ]

7. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

8. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Lucky me owns HOI, great game, i love going Germany......Guess what.....i managed to conquer the whole world.:)