Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello from Netherlands

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Ruud, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SteveM

SteveM Member

Welcome!

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Hmmm...a Kanuck Vs a Texan...not sure who i'd put my money on...closer than you think. Bit like the rumble in the jungle...Brute force Vs guile and cunning...

3. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Ruud, welcome to this fine forum from one of the most modest contributing members, I am not very active but greatly enjoy learning here. I am most fortunate to have friends in Weesp, Nieuwe Niedorp and Muiden and love exploring The Netherlands. Cannot get enough of it. I took my long suffering family on a trip to follow the route of XXX Corp but then spent the rest of our time letting them decide.

Gaines

4. Ruud

Ruud Member

Gaines, welcome to Holland ! Weesp, Nieuwe Niedorp and Muiden are even places i have never been :) So how was actually this roadtrip ? It ended already before it started ? Or have you at least seen something of the XXX route?

5. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

I am very fortunate to visited your country a number of times from 1960 to 2005, have seen lots of changes. I wanted to follow the route of XXX Corp up HY 69 to Arnhem, in 1980. We spent several days in Maastricht exploring the city and Aachen. Then I got serous and started our " march" in Valkenswaard, in Nord Brabant then on to Eindhoven and the Son, then to Nijmegen & the Grave bridge. We stayed in a B&B near Oosterbeek, visited the war museum there then on to Arnhem. Sometime ago so my memory is rusty. . My family got a bit bored so we spent the day at the Kroller-Mueller . Nieuwe Niedorp is nice but unremarkable, Weesp at bit more interesting but Muiden is a jewel with it's nice harbor and places to eat plus the castle and Naarden is only a few kilometers away, also a jewel with it's huge fortifications and moats. the Netherlands is getting a bit crowed but then so is the world. I still have the fondest memories of the Netherlands and it's polite helpful people. I hope your Prince Johan Frisco recovers , sad case.

Gaines

Ruud likes this.
  6. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

Welcome aboard!

7. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Ruud!

I've been following your posts for years, and realized I hadn't said hello when you came aboard. Glad to have you with the crew.

Did you ever do any work with your 1:72 models? I'd love to see examples of work in our modelling section.

Ruud likes this.
  8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Ruud is on my list of forum members I have have met. Back in 2014, he drove from his home over to Heerlen one night just to meet Mr. Marion.

Top notch guy.

Otto likes this.
  9. Ruud

Ruud Member

Otto, Thanks. Well About the modelling i have to take care that finishing the model isnt going to take me more years then WW2 lasted..

10. Ruud

Ruud Member

Yes Jeff, But we allready met two days before on the parade in Maastricht and on Margraten Cemetery :)

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

That is true, Ruud.

Mr. Marion enjoyed your evening visit, though, so that stands out with me.

Otto and Ruud like this.