Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help identifying German uniform colour

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Danzig262, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Danzig262

Danzig262 New Member

Hello
    I am seeking help to identify the colour schemes of the uniforms in this photo. This photo was in my father's photo album and was taken in 1939 I'm not sure if this was before the invasion of Poland which was in September. I am confused with the colours between the feldbluse and the colour of the trousers which appear to be white and the Wehrmachtsadler is also very light in colour.

Note MG 08's on wagon there was no information about this image from dad's album as to where or the exact date this shot was taken or maybe shortly before the invasion of Poland. Or maybe it's some kind of special unit? All I know the uniforms trousers in this photo are different from the feldgrau uniforms in most of his other photos in the album.

Any light on this subject would be greatly appreciated please see linked photo.

IMG-1173

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Didn't recruits going through training wear such uniforms? Utility uniforms? Judging by lack of ranks and the brand new looking equipment, I would say this was taken during a training march. See below. These are training photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Gebirgsjaeger likes this.
  3. Danzig262

Danzig262 New Member

Thank you PzJr this makes clear sense. I wonder if this was towards the end of their training since their feldbluse looks to be feldgrau. But thank you for solving the mystery.

4. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Yep, thats it.