Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help with Silent Hunter 3

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Panzerknacker, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Yes, I know it is good to keep games realistic, but i really don't have 48 hours to sit at a computer and wait until my u-boat enters its patrol area. Can anyone help me to speed the game up even more, rather than just change time compression???

I'm desperate to start bonding with my crew and get them some medals!!!

2. Heartland

Heartland Member

Cue the Village People's "In the Navy"... :eek:

Seriously though, time compression is your friend. Dunno if you have noticed this, but when you are close to big, solid things (like land!) that can harm your sub, compression is limited to...don't remember offhand, but is it x256? Anyway, this is the case when leaving port, obviously.

Once you hit the open sea you can compress alot more, don't remember if its x1024, x2048 or something like that. While you do not exactly zip across the Atlantic to the US east coast, it is alot better than the measly compression available near land.

Good luck, herr Kaleun!

3. Richard

Richard Expert

Sounds like you need Silent Hunter Commander which allows you to reset settings and manage your crew. Out of interest what version are you running? Stock vanilla or a super mod Rub, NYGM, GW, GWX.