Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How many of us own a military vehicle?

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Wolverine phpbb3, Jan 11, 2006.

1. -DMPN- Founderer

-DMPN- Founderer New Member

via TanksinWW2
    No its my neighbor. He likes to have loud parties, and not invite me.

2. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    oh, so you love to hear him play the new CD of the Rolling Stones: "A Bigger BANG :bang: " :lol:
    try to make your own loud parties and not invite him. might be possible that he wants to join your parties and invites you for one of his parties

3. PanzerProfile

PanzerProfile New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well I don't own any militairy vehicle but I do know my old french teacher used to own a Welly's jeep from the late 40ies or early 50ies. He used to drive it to school every now and then. I was always staring out the window and not paying attention to my classes when he did so. Nice to have such a guy around :D

4. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    my french teacher always had a small little bag whit him. the kind of bag the ladies use to hide their wallet, keys, handkerchief and other small things in. very funny to see

5. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There are a number of groups and individuals in the USA who collect WW2 vehicles, either for reenacting purposes or just for the fun of it. In fact, there are several private museums in this country (private in this case meaning not funded or supported by any government agency at any level). In many cases, these vehicles, which do include tanks, tank destroyers, and SP guns, are kept in good running order, rather than used solely for static display. A WW2 reenacting unit, the 3rd Armored Division, has a pretty neat web site which includes a video clip of some of them on maneuvers on a road, including a Stuart tank, IIRC.

The American Armoured Foundation Museum in Danville, Virginia recently added an M4A3E8 tankdozer to its collection; there were only fifty of these ever built. This one was used for pushing piles of coal around by a hospital for a number of years; when the hospital switched to oil heat, they buried the tank! Fortunately, the AAF found out about it, dug it up, and restored it, although they are still trying to raise enough money to replace some of the bogies, which are worn out. They have a photo of it, along with the tank's story, at the museum web site: www.aaftankmuseum.com