Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

How Much did the Germans Know?

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by Smiley 2.0, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Takao

Takao Ace

I am still trying to wrap my around Eva Braun being a Buddhist.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I was hoping y'all would chew on it with a bit more élan.

Naw, I was not going to close the thread because a boil appeared on it.

I am going to show someone the door, though.

3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

At least if you are going to say appallingly ignorant comments, have the decency to make us work for it. With a user name such as Eva Braun, it wasn't even a contest. Let us have our fun and poke the beast, then you can get banned.

formerjughead likes this.
  4. Takao

Takao Ace

I like slamming the lob shots as much as the next guy. But, a reincarnated Buddhist Eva Braun is just way too easy...Thrill of the chase and all that.

5. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

The "Thing" wasn't worthy even ridiculing.

Where the Hell "she" is? Executed and ready for new re-incarnation as Ilse Koch?

6. Slipdigit

Naw, just moved on to other pastures.

7. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

All I can really say right now is that I'm glad this 'Eva Braun' was shown the door.

8. lwd

lwd Ace

probably just a drive by in any case. Slip likes to make sure we get a chance to ridicule that sort of poster before they are banned but this one was like shooting at the side of a barn 5 feet away. No challenge and not worth the effort. If it was a troll attempt I doubt it got what it wanted and if it wasn't ... well I just hope they get the meds they need some time in the near future.

9. Slipdigit

I just like to give y'all a chance to practice your quick draw against a hobbled target from time to time.

10. lwd

lwd Ace

And we do appreciate it. This one was just too pitiful for words ...

11. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Thank you for the lob. Seems they decided not to join the game.

12. Tamino

Now, let's get back to the topic:

Population of the Third Reich, including halfwits, knew everything about the mass murders.The only question left to be resolved is just:

Why the Germans refused to admit the knowledge about the mass murders?

Here is quite convincing answer from the book "The Third Reich at War" by R. J. Evans:

‘The Jews alone will repay us for the crimes we have committed against them,’ predicted one anonymous letter to the head of news at the Propaganda Ministry on 4 July 1944. Fear and guilt were driving the great mass of Germans to dread the retribution of the Allies. From 1943 onwards, they were mentally preparing themselves to deflect this retribution as far as they were able, by denying all knowledge of the genocide once the war was lost.

2+2=4

13. GunSlinger86

GunSlinger86 Well-Known Member

I always thought that the Germans in the Military and Government were full of shit when they claimed no knowledge or what have you... But then I started thinking, what were we supposed to know about Abu Ghraib if it wasn't for leaks and the mostly uncensored media? Or massacres and civilian-targeted bombings in Viet Nam? Or the various CIA assassination programs both domestic and foreign, domestic spying, projects that were unknown to the subjects such as MK-Ultra, the black covert jobs like Iran-Contra, JFK (There is more to that and whoever denies that is in denial). The Nazis media was strangled and Goebbels was the be-all-end-all of what got out and what stories were told. Even though we are more of a police state now, the media is still mostly free, even though the major outlets are all lobbied with the government.

Karjala likes this.
  14. Takao

Takao Ace

You believe what the Gestapo tells you to believe

Funny that you mention this, as some Germans thought the concentration camps were mental institutions.

For me an anonymous letter is never convincing.

Odd that R. J. Evans makes such a broad conclusion on the basis of one letter, an anonymous one at that. Perhaps, a camp guard with a guilty conscious? Who knows?

More like i = √-1

15. Tamino

@Takao and @Takao only

Do you understand fundamental difference between:

a. i = -1
    and
    b. 2+2=4

Hint: what is a and what is b?

Please, do answer this. I want to see how much do you really know, beyond the basics.

16. Tamino

Only the idiots thought the concentration camps were mental institutions, but they were exterminated first.

R. J. Evans did not "make such a broad conclusion on the basis of one (anonymous) letter". The book I have cited consists of 944 pages and it is just a part of The Third Reich Trilogy. His conclusions are well founded. Or you think that your "knowledge" is enough to trash opinion of a class A expert in this area? Please, refer to the list of his honours and distinctions below.

Please, read my previous post.

KJ Jr likes this.
  17. Takao

Takao Ace

Yes, I understand the fundamental difference between a & b. "a" is an equation, while "b" is an equality.

However, in the math courses that I took way back when, 1 anonymous letter does not equal a "great mass of Germans". So, what you are stating is not "2+2 = 4", but "1 = 55,000,000"(give or take a few million Germans).

Since, 1 does not equal 55,000,000, an Imaginary Number would be appropriate.

Still...One anonymous letter does equal one German, or "1 = 1".

I find "1 = 1" an acceptable equality and will have no truck with that. To me, "1 = 55,000,000" is an unacceptable equality.

18. Tamino

No, you don't -- from strictly mathematical point of view you are entirely wrong. I have expected that.

Hint: you are wrong about the both a. and b. And a. is something entirely else - you havent mentioned that and probably never knew what it is.

Why the Hell you always try to answer even when you don 't know the correct answer? In proper school you may get negative points for that .

However, what I wanted to say something else: It is virtually impossible to disseminate knowledge about compllicated things among average population. Quantum mechanics, for example, is too hard for 99+% of population. You can provide them with books, lectures and everything necessary to educate them but they simply won't understand anything. Nothing at all. Like a piece of stone. That is simply because broad and profound knowledge is a neccessary prerequisite to understand such complex concepts.

In contrast to that, a murder is simple: intentionally forced termination of life. That simple is that that anyone mentaly sane may conceive that without additional explanations, even those with a single digit IQ. Such a simple information may permeate everywhere and it does. It is impossible to keep simple secrets. No matter how small fraction of population keeps the secret, the secret would permeate to everyone. In the matter of hours, days or weeks, but it will penetrate everywhere. You cannot prevent it from spreading.

Now, let us stop with theory. Real life facts:

As I have mentioned on several occasions, my town was within the Reich. Even the Führer had visited my hometown during the war. Therefore I had direct access to people who went through the war and knew how the life was within the Reich. Everyone I knew confirmed that everyone knew about the massmurders, about the death camps and repression against the "partisans". Everyone. There was a small Jewish community in my town - all of them have perrished soon after the Nazis arrived. Everyone knew what has happened to them. My wife's grandpa was taken to Germany to work there. On many occasions he re-iterated: "I was the lucky one, many others weren't".

I am sory for many tzping and grammar errors. It is Sunday afternoon and I'm a bit more relaxed and clumsy but I hope you would understand what I really mean.

Cheers mate. :)

19. GunSlinger86

GunSlinger86 Well-Known Member

Well when your civilized, modern, high-cultured and educated society's government is taken over by Occultists and esoteric worshipers, twisted and delusional beliefs tend to turn into actions. Himmler's main adviser and someone he took very seriously on Pagan Germanic culture was literally insane, Karl Maria Villagut. He told Himmler he has lived for 228,000 years with different past lives and saw German/Nordic existence and culture from the very beginning going back 200,000 years and could recollect their ceremonies and ways of life. Not only did Himmler believe him, but brought him in as a paid official member of his SS staff.

20. Tamino

:thumbup:
    Good observation. I have always been astonished that the Germans were caught into an ideological trap by total outsiders: a failed "artist" (Adolf), degenerate chicken farmer (Himmler), obese morphine addict (Göring) and a crippled wannabe handsome Aryan (Göbbels).