Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

IF...that 1957 Knights Cross w/ Oak Leaves and Swords ends up mine.....

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by C.Evans, Oct 16, 2009.

1. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Carl, a good, thoughtful, reasoned reply to what could have become a flame war. Thanks for taking the high road.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

This has nothing to do with Dietrich, just pointing out someone elses 'myopic' view, historical ignorance and biting comments.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Cheers Skipper, Lou, Ike--thank you as well gents ;-)) I hope the Gent above will be able to see things as we can here. I mean, that I also do personally feel he is in error about why we like this kind of history as well as those of us who like to collect things to preserve.

I do find it a bit sad that everything is just lumped in to one huge undistinguished pile. I sure wish what he said about collecting militaria was true? because prices would be much cheaper and more items would be easier to get ;-)) As for it dying out---that aint ever going to happen? or at least in my lifetime ;-))

Oh and, whn I get back from my Drs appointments tomorrow--ill post a few more tidbits of info I ound today on WWII Generals who were award the RK++ who also served in teh Bundeswehr. I found some more names to those who got the Oaks, and I still need to go through the name sof those who only got the KC. ;-))

Take care Gents--C.

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I totally agree Carl. This is an excellent topic and can't wait for that info on the Bundeswehr generals.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Ike, thank you and i'll be posting more of them this afternoon. Also, will be starting research for the RK only Generals this afternoon. This has me wondering at how many other non RKT WWII Generals and Admirals also served in the BW? I MIGHT be able to get that info from a good friend of mine in London? ;-))

Now im beginning to wish that I had not thrown away a book of sorts that was about the Bundeswehr and it's unit strengths as of the 1990s. It could have given me an general idea on how many General rank officers served. I chucked that book slightly before moving from Corpus Christi :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Not sure if I missed it in the blow up in this thread Carl, but did you get the KC?

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

What would be great also is to see pics of those individuals in their Reich uniforms as well as in their Bundeswehr uniforms.

8. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Aaah, look at what I found:

[​IMG]

Ernst Klasing in Bundeswehr uniform wearing the ribbonbar of his RK des KVK with swords.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Luke, Ike,

Luke, nothing set yet. Im still awaiting on his offer for the five pair of Shoulderboards as well as my LW Ground Assault badge. Im not wabnting to trade all of these items for it but, I would liek at least that set-up as well as that Close Combat Clasp. I do not know if he will agree to that or not? but ill be watching still.

If this falls through? I already have a line on a KC w/ Oaks, and another KC by itself. Im waiting till Friday to give that guy a chance to say yea or nay, and if I don't hear back by then? then ill go with the other dealer who has already expressed interest and also is holding all the items im interested in untill we come to a price and such ;-))

Hi Ike, I wish I had some then and now photos. Also, thanks for the ones you posted.

As an update of sorts, I only had limited time today to keep researching the Oaks guys and it might take me about 2 more days before I can get back and post all the WWII Generals w/ Oaks-list-who alos served in the BW. Reason it will also probably take me that long is because I think I missed one name, and I want to find out for sure before I post the Oaks Generals names. So far all are either Army and LW w/ only one KM. The KM Admiral is Friedrich Kemnade.