Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Iran - is war likely?

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by Ricky, Feb 12, 2007.

1. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Actually, what we call Arabic numerals originated in India. They're called "Arabic" because that's who introduced them to the West, whioch had been using Roman numerals up to that point.

2. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    well dang ..i didnt know that ...so then ,besides the great religion of tolerance and peace , what have the arabs brought to the table of world knowlege ? do they still get credit for geometry?

3. TISO

TISO New Member

via TanksinWW2
    All those books of classic era writers (ancient Greece and Rome ) that were happily burned all over christian world but saved by them. Medicine was realy saved by them....

4. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    how ironic that now it is the muslims who now respect only one book and destroy ancient temples and monuments , and denegrate any knowlege which runs counter to the binding dogma of the koran..i dont think so many books were burned in western europe as were simply lost with the collapse of rome

5. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    IIRC (cant find a reference at the moment), much of the content of the great library of Alexandria was burnt by muslims in the 8th Century on the ground that "If it didnt support the Koran, it was heresy and should be burnt and if it did, it was not necessary and should be burnt"

6. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
  7. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    fek iran ,islam and the koran...

8. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What exactly has Iran done for them to deserve invasion... Please enlighten me... Why do we want to go to war with them?

It doesn't seem to me like Iran are the aggressors at all... What evidence is there to show that Iran intends to attack NATO, I just ask for one small piece... Anything...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a critic of the invasion of Iraq... The reasons, while perhaps unfounded, were not unreasonable... Iraq was an aggressive country... The threat to America was not unrealistic...
    In Iran however, I see no threat... The Iran issue only arose after the occupation of Iraq, as if invasion were a consequence of mere geograhical convienience... Unlke Iraq, Iran has not actually been shown to have broken any international laws... The accusations about nuclear power and abduction is suspiciously devoid of any clear evidence implicating Iran... Even if there was, all-out-war does not come across as a proportional punishment...

So what... Clear it up for me... Why do we hate Iran again?

Border Clashes
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 87,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 46,00.html

9. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, there is the strong suspicion of their involvement with the Insurgents in Iraq for one.

10. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    we kinda dont want them to have the bomb they are currently trying to build because ...amadmanjihad has said ,on more than one occasion ,that he intends to erase israel ...for starters ....also iran is plainly involved in supplieing weapons to hamas, hezbolla and terrorists in iraq ...imo ,invasion would be folly but on the other hand , doing nothing is also not so smart ..i think if iran is dead set on haveing a bomb we should just go ahead and give them one ,or three...that would prolly quiet them right down and have a quieting effect all over the middle east ...but of course we wont do that ( because we are big sloppy oozing pc pussys ) ...until THEY do it ..such is the wisdom of the west these days..once again we will wait until hitler attacks poland before we take action....appeasment always works so well ...mabey we can get amadmanjihad to sign a piece of paper for us ,then we can rest easy...yes ..lets do that, good idea!!

11. smeghead phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
    Once again I draw you to the points of tangible proof and hypocrisy...
    Tangible proof, because there is none... Unless you can point it out to me.
    And hypocirsy because we can plainly have enough evidence to implicate Kim Jong Il; why he already has the damn bomb... I'm all for removing him from power, given the way the guy treats his own people... Iran however, is NOT overly belligerent, they are a 2nd world country with a high-ish standard if living... War would not bring any good as it might in Iraq or North Korea... And to be perfectly honest I'm not sure NATO could handle it, unless France or Germany joined in... Things are bleak in Iraq, its not getting better and the US population is getting war weary...

As is Russia, China, Pakistan, and France... Oh sorry... That's right, we only pick on weaker nations, my mistake... Even American wepaons are used often enough by terrorists... Iran is one of many suppliers and removing them would be more trouble than simply dealing with the arms influx they provide... I hope that we dont think for one second that invading Iran would ever make Iraq more stable... It would make it clear to the middle east that the US is 'out to get them' for their own interests (see North Korea hypocracy) and likely unite the middle-east in an anti-US frenzy...

What POSSIBLE benefit is there for NATO to invade Iran?... Without the support of another large member I franly doubt that they could even afford it...

12. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ...GOOD POINT SMEG , WE CERTAINLY WOULDNT want the muslim middle east to become anti usa...iran has said they only want the nuke power because they need it to power up the discos of tehran .. its well known that iran has only wind powered generators and solar panels to create electric energy so perhaps the nuke power plant is needed ...sometimes the wind dosent blow , after all ...it would have been better if we could have crushed the nks before they had a bomb but even 20 years ago an attack would have been very costly plus there is always the question of the 8000 lb gorrilla futher north ..kim il jung does suk big time but attacking nk was then and still is pretty ugly to contemplate...smeg , is it that you dont think iran is building a reactor or you dont think madmanajihad means what he says when he talks about his final solution for israel ..or do you think an iran armed with nukes is no big deal..? no different from france or britain haveing nukes
    you make a good point about us only attacking weak countries ..we should wait until iran has nukes ,then attack them so it would be a more fair stand up fight ..in the mean time we should go attack north korea just for practice , i think they are prolly strong enough now so it will be seen as fair and square by the childrens playground rules commision ....

13. smeghead phpbb3

via TanksinWW2
    I'm saying that unlike Iraq and North Korea... Attacking Iran has no moral basis...
    Iraq and North Korea had/have terrible bloodthristy dictatorships... Removing them is a good thing... Iran may not be our best friends but they are a sophisticated, reasonably just country... How far away do you think they are from the bomb? 10 years, 20 years... Is it justifiable or proportional to bomb the crap out of a country simply because they are developing weapons? What a wonderful result that would have achieved had it been adopted in the Cold War... No, it would serve the purposes of setting back their nuclear program simply to implement an embargo on them, or request a weapons inspection (a curtiosy granted even to Saddam)... AFAIK an embargo hasn't been implemented because there isnt sufficient evidence to say that Ahmadinejad is building a bomb... Not even the evidential grounds for weapons inspection has been satisfied, let alone starting a war...

Can you honestly see Iran making the first attack? Aside from the fact that it would be the politically stupidist thing to do, it would once and for all remove Ahmadinejad from power- The Iranians are just as suspicious of him as they are of NATO, though for the moment it seems not enough to quite enough remove him... For them he isn't being quite as aggressive as NATO :roll:

Like I said, just provide me with one piece of evidence to say Iran has violated any international laws... Even if you could proveide me with one of Ahmadinejad's "death to USA and Israel" speeches, I actually havent seen any.

14. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ..i would say that kidnapping rn personel on the high seas was kind of reckless behaviour ..if it were the rn of old ,it would have brought a rain of 16 inch shells on all iranian ports and shipping ..if its true that wmds are 20 years away then i would say leave iran be...the israelis seem to think its a problem that is much closer at hand ,i think it would be very imprudent to miscalculate the eta of a weapon in iran ..i agree that the iranians are a smarter more sophisticated stripe of cat then their bedu cousins ..i had as freinds and neighbors a pair of iranian cousins for several years ,they rescued me from harms way on a number of occassions ,however ,they like EVERY other muslim ive ever met ,had a troublesome kneejerk bigotry in regards to a certain race of frizzy haired human beings who fled europe back to their ancient homeland in recent times ,i dont like bigotry as a rule but i find wistful plans of wholesale genocide especially unsettleing ..perhaps there are some muslims somewhere that think the jews should be left in peace and not stuffed into ovens ...please anyone provide link ,surely out of a zillion muslims there must be some who do not advocate the slaughter of women and babies because of their creed....btw ..i dont espcially like jews per say ..i ve never had any close jewish friends and i personaly find them kind of annoying ,really ...i just think killing every last man ,woman and child because they are annoying is not really acceptable behavior..i can live with ethnic slurs , and (gasp ) ..ive even made some myself , but this wholesale throat slitting thing ...i feel is overdoing it ..what do you guys think?

15. TIRDAD

TIRDAD Active Member

Agreed with Islam and Quran.

But Most of Iranians and especially Religious Minorities,

Hate arabs and islam.

only a few thousand Mother whore bastard traitors, love arabs and terrorists.

We are not muslim.

We are not arab.

we are not terorrist.

16. TIRDAD

TIRDAD Active Member

History repeats ...

too many similarities by Iran and European Countries!!!

Right now, it is "Medieval ages" here, in Iran.

2 other examples are like Poland and Poles during ww2 ...

1- Katyn massacre and mass execution of Army Generals and Officers of Iranian Army and Gendarmerie ...

2- In Victory Parade, there were no Poles!

If you've seen the famous Iranian 2000 IRR banknote,

You won't see any army personnel !

too many other things to say!

but you won't understand !!!

Cause you have to experience it by yourself !!!

rkline56 likes this.
  17. Highway70

Highway70 Member

18. Jaap Vermeer MDE

Jaap Vermeer MDE Active Member

I hope not. Iran is a beautifull country.it would be sad when there comes war.
    I vote for Peace in the Middle-East. Let them build up their own country then they
    don't have time to fight.

19. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Of course it is very hard to find reliable information on the protests within Iran but the reduction of tension and adventurism in Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Lebanon, for starters, would be a huge positive development if some form of moderate change occurs.
    With a land bridge nearly complete from Tehran to Latakia and Beirut the timing is very curious.
    Secretary Mattis and the JCS realize what a disaster the completion of such a bridge poses to Israel and Baghdad.

Haider Abadi, of course, already seems to be firmly in Khameini's/Rouhani's hip pocket.
    He is about to make the Coalition's vast investment in a democratic Iraq a huge farce as he parries the blows from Maliki, Badr and Mahdi supporters in his own ministries. Yes, not fun at all in the crocodile den.
    When ISIS had him on the run he was only too happy to bring the Peshmerga on board to defend and pressure the radicals in the north. As soon as the mission was nearly complete he resumed the Arabization of Kurd properties in Kirkuk, Khanaqan, Tuz Khurmatu and Altun Kupri along with other smaller villages.

The State Department has released a few small read outs on some radio/media free Iran programs that are disseminating news written in Farsi to the population of Iran. Imagine KSA and Mossad operatives working in the cities now, most likely some other spooks from countries we would not expect.

Impossible to tell what could happen but it will certainly be interesting for observers.
    Quite lethal for those risking their lives for freedom across Iran.
    What a beautiful epitaph if the ayatollahs were forced to flee to Somalia or Sochi dachas with all their loot.

Alireza Nader - Profile

Mr. Nader at the Rand Corporation is bringing some sourced material to the forefront and keen insights, imho. For those who are interested.

Also Sorad Ahmari from Commentary.com, formerly of WSJ.

The young children (those near the age of ten) of the Green Movement are now 17-21. I for one hope their is a decidedly different outcome this time.
    Thanks for reading.

Jaap Vermeer MDE likes this.
  20. TIRDAD

TIRDAD Active Member

Corrections needed:

Not Anti-War, but Anti-Arabist and that arabs are much more important than us!!!

You never can stop war! just maybe you be able to change its shape and format!

there is no peace with those who are responsible for Iran's today situation.

Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Mianmar, Hezbollah, and too many other countries and terrorist groups!

and above all of them,

The 1400 year-old illness is more dangerous than plague, cholera, AIDS, syphilis and ...!

A cancerous gland called

"Islam"

if you want to have "Peace"

then destroy this fucking thing.​

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018