Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Is this real?

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by ManUtd, Nov 22, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im no expert on Crosses but, I dont see anything wrong with this one. Details are clear and such.

BTW, you can still get good bargains out there. Im fixing to get a free WWII EKII in about a month.

2. ManUtd

ManUtd Member

I don't see a difference from the cross I put up and the cross T.A. Gardner put up except for the wear.

As for the magnetic trick I will try it when I get it. It should be magnetic right?

Carl that site you sent me, all 30 EKIIs got sold. But that site is good I will be buying somethings from there.

RRcollector I'll try and get those pics.

3. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I really do not see any issues with either cross that have been posted in this thread. The people that are questioning the price have a good reason to do so...but the photos look good...my advise would always be to wait for an original with it's ribbon. These are common and you should have no trouble finding one with a nice clean ribbon...if you are just starting out collecting the last thing that you would want to do in my opinion is start out by buying something that is not complete or damaged...save the extra few bucks and get one that you will not have to upgrade at a later date.

If you decide to get this one just make sure that it is not a single cast piece...I am 95% sure that it isn't based upon the pics...but without seeing the frame from the side I can not say 100%. Perhaps you should do some research yourself so that you can buy with conviction...nothing more rewarding than knowing that what you are buying is 100% original and not messed with junk. Research is not a sexy as buying...I am quite aware of that...but it will save you the heartache and the financial loss down the road...in the field of Third Reich collecting it is not a matter of if you are going to get screwed...it's a matter of when.

Rich

4. ManUtd

ManUtd Member

Rich you are right. I think I'll wait for a one with a ribbon. But I will post the pictures of the frame when I get it and tell me what you guys think. Then I'll debate on getting it.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi M/ no prtoblem. Check back with him often as he always has several EKIIs for sale. ;-)) Hes a great dealer but can get a tad bit slow in mailing things sometimes. This is partly due to that he has a regular job and I think it takes him out of town sometimes.