Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Italian Tank Divisions

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Right now its May, '39 and I have to groups of Tanks - each consist of three Divisions. I am certain war will break out very soon (historical events have been triggering) so its only a matter of time. I have on Army of Tanks in Spain, ready to blitzkrieg through southern France. My other Army of Tanks, recently built, is sitting in Italy. Attacking through the border there would equal high casualties (French Mtn/Hill Territories with Land Fortifications) so I was thinking of leaving my Inf + Mtn Inf to deal with that. So the Question is:

Do I redeploy the 2nd Tank Army to Spain, to help spearhead attack into France?

OR

Do I redeploy 2nd Tank Army to Libya, and use it to spearhead attack through Egypt?

2. Mussolini

Well I decided to send it to Africa. The Brits only seem to have Militia in Egypt at the moment, so a quick decisive attack there should be fine. I also have two Infantry Armies on the Yugoslavia Border which can be moved over to France if needed.

I will Ally with Germany when they attack Yugoslavia (so they give me what Italy has claims on) or when they go to War with the allies. Its August '39 and the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact just had its historical outcome occur. War with Poland soon I assume.

3. Mussolini

UPDATE: Surprisingly Historical Outcomes so far! France DOW Germany on Sept 2nd, 1939 which brought all the other Allies into the War. Lets just say, all Hell has just broken loose in Europe - Italy + Nat. Spain Join the War on Sept. 5th. Mussolini FTW!

4. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Lol haha! Well done France will be shaking in there boots!

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

On no, not again. History repeating itself?

6. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Haha! I hope those British don't take Ethiopia