Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Jakie Muscar, 14th Tank Battalion, 9th Armored Division

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by mfortney, Jan 19, 2009.

1. happy

happy New Member

I have just done a little looking online - and I find it rather rude of you to pose a question here to which you already have the answer.

2. Alan Haywood

Alan Haywood New Member

Hello, I know this post is a little dated, but was searching for the 131st Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion, and stumbled upon this post. My Grandfather, Major Marshall Haywood, was with this battalion, but I do not know what unit he was assigned, so I don't know if he was assigned to CCA, CCB or CCR, since the 9th was spread all over the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge. I have not been able to find any type of After Action Reports or information. He was discharged as the Executive Officer 4512 with the unit, and I have his discharge papers showing his service in the ETO from 26Aug1944 until 17Sep1945, with a Bronze Star, Theater Ribbon with 3 stars (Ardennes, Rhineland, Central Europe), Victory Medal, and 2 Overseas bars. Any information is surely appreciated. He died in 1969, and i have his Bronze Star and a very poor picture, but other than that, I have had nothing else. I am a Navy Veteran myself, but more recently with the first Gulf War.

3. happy

happy New Member

This researcher includes your unit of interest in areas he can help with.

WW2 Casualties Database | Military Records Research | WW2 Research Inc

4. happy

happy New Member

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if it would trigger any new comments about the 14th tank battalion.

5. happy

happy New Member

6. happy

happy New Member

7. Tipnring

Tipnring Active Member

happy likes this.