Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

JFK Assassination: What do you think ?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by 36thID, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Bring it on ol boy. The floor is yours....

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I think Joseph Smith said that; it didn't support his argument and it's not fortifying yours. Maybe you should add that you read it while wearing special glasses.

That aside: There is absolutely no physical evidence wich supports Oswald working in concert with anyone. The entire conspiracy is based around Oswald's statement of: "I am a patsy". CTers take that as meaing he was working as part of some grand conspiracy; when it very well could have meant that he was wearing women's underwear. We will never know the true implications of that statement because an angry person took advantage of a position of trust, afforded him by someone in the Dallas PD, to shoot Oswald.
    I assure you that had Oswald been working in concert with any three letter agency he would have died quietly and the world would not have known his name.

3. Volga Boatman

One bullet? Who fired the other three? So there were TWO people perping this. Now, we know Oswald couldn't physically have been at the scene, as evidenced by the amount of time it would have taken him to arrive at the scene, before he was next observed lurkiing along the same road toward the theater he was arrested in...

So, with all the other factors involved, he's still in the clear. Two people at the scene means "Oswald impersonator", as other incidents in Dallas had demonstrated, (like the "Bolton Ford Dealership" or the 'Lee Oswald' spotted shooting at another man's target at a rifle range. Oswald in Mexico was another instance for the use of a double.

Even the bullet EVENTUALLY identified in a case of forensics described as "difficult" is suspect. No other comparitive tests were ever run, so that was another bit of Dallas Police Work rendered inadmissable in a court of law....Next?

4. Volga Boatman

No mate. Conspiracy theories don't turn me on....but lies and more lies, followed by more, thats interesting....

5. Volga Boatman

And Im not a bloody Mormon, if thats the same Joeseph Smith you are alluding to.

I'm an atheist, and don't believe in The Good Lord....

6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

I don't think that Joseph Smith (1805-1844) had a position on the JFK assassination. ;)

8. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Sigh, why did you remind me, I had almost forgiven you for that :)

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thread moved to the stump and almost to the latrine to be honest

10. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Please VB, anybody that puts any credence into Jim Garrison gets what he deserves. A load of crap.

Goto:

New Orleans/Garrison JFK Assassination Investigation

11. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

If we could only find Jimmy H's body ....in his memoirs kept on his person could be the key to the whole solution....a picture of the head of the FBI lusting after a photo of a man who chose to be with Marilyn instead....my new conspiracy theory carefully crafted to fit facts discovered ex post facto, in the revisionist historian's legacy of creating from present questionable facts the true past whether or not it defies logic and common sense. Edgar became angry he(JFK) was engaging in heterosexual pursuits that enraged his moral fibers (jealous over Marilyn's successful conquests). Perhaps he killed em both in a jealous rage of defiance of those that acted as he wished he could.Just thought I would put my frosting on the conspiracy cake as we all like to have that which is simple to be made complex by our post thoughts on that which cannot be answered for us to satiate our wonderings. Now I have done so well as to join a couple conspiracy theories together into one.........:eek: Of course this has great fault...not using last names or connecting JH to any of this....but his missing body adds to the intrigue....perhaps I can create a good novel in the end but I am such a poor writer I hope you forgive the thought. But haven't I discovered a good element of possibility as to be so like those that create conspiracy theory from thin air?

12. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Oh crap, if we have to start dealing with actual facts this thread will go downhill fast.

by the by does anyone else hear that funny wooshing sound?

13. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

I tried -- and failed -- to find a clip of the "toilet flush" sound from All in the Family. I think that would be appropriate for this situation.

14. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

Gosh, you guys are too fast for me.....I get a post written....then I try to correct and edit (which takes longer) and woosh it is getting flushed before the editing is complete....yet in the end it did deserve a wooshing sound.

15. OpanaPointer

Like I'd let you forget.

16. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Jim Garrison made up most of the "facts" in his book. Oswald had a security clearance in the USMC, but so did everyone else in that field. He never worked for the FBI or CIA. No doubt he was debriefed at length after returning to the US, but then he was just ignored as another loon with a personality disorder.

The famous "impossible shot" was hardly impossible or even particularly difficult. The 1st shot was at 60 yards, the last at just over 80 yards. I can hit a 24" circle with most of my pistols at 100 yards. With a scoped rifle shot from a rest, such a shot is child's play. The vehicle was going directly way from him; in effect a stationary target.

And lastly, and again, the fact that Kennedy's head jerks to the rear is absolute incontrovertible proof that the shot came from the rear. See, my post number 2 for details, or watch this:

Penn & Teller JFK Jet effect bullshit Lee Harvey Oswald

17. OpanaPointer

Another thing the CTers like to go on about is the time for three shots. They time the reports and claim there isn't enough time for:

Load
    Acquire
    Aim
    Fire
    Load
    Acquire
    Aim
    Fire
    Load
    Acquire
    Aim
    Fire

The problem, of course is the timing is for:

Fire
    Load
    Acquire
    Aim
    Fire
    Load
    Acquire
    Aim
    Fire

18. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

The timing of the shots comes from an error in the Warren report. They concluded it was just over 5 seconds (5.6?) between 1st and 3rd (last) shots. That timing is not impossible because it doesn't include load/acquire/aim for the 1st shot. So, he'd have had 2 3/4 seconds for each of the last two shots. Quick shooting, but quite plausible at the short range in question.

However, later studies using both camera "flinches" at the sound of the shots and an open mike recording on a motorcycle, move the time to between 8 and 9 seconds from 1st to last shot. So, Oswald would have had between 4 and 4.5 seconds between each of the last two shots. Remember, Oswald was shooting from a sitting position using a rest (the window sill) with a scoped rifle at a range of 60 yards (1st shot) to 80 yards (3rd shot). Kennedy was moving directly away from him - a "stationary" target. Any deer hunter in American could have made that shot, Marine training or not.

brndirt1 likes this.
  19. OpanaPointer

They'll still claim "miracle shots", because they cannot see information that isn't favorable to their theory.

20. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Here in Alaska, we call those people: "Guys who have never shot a rifle in their lives."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.