Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Just a few of the Imperial and WWII German ribbon bars in my collection.

Discussion in 'Personal Memorabilia' started by History-buff1944, Dec 21, 2012.

1. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    Here are a few Imperial and WWII German ribbon bars (from an old scan and not complete) in my small collection:
    [​IMG]

2. History-buff1944

via War44
    On the above--the scan is upside down for the most part but--ill try explaining soem of these bars. I will have an updated and complete showing of the collection sometime soon.

The top 8 place bar--is a repo bar that used real devices-but I no longer have as I gave it away years ago. I bought it because it went perfectly along with my Artillery Majors tunic:

The 2nd bar--6 place bar--is an all WWII Luftwaffe Officers bar.

Bar Nr 3--the 7-place bar (with provenance) is a 7 place Imperial ribbon bar that was highly researched about 12 or more years ago) and in which was a bar that was once owned by: the: Grand Duke of Mecklinburg/Schwerin: Friedrich Franz von Grossherzog IVth. Not sure if my memory serves me well today but--I MIGHT have left out or misplaced part of his name.

Bar 4--3-place Imperial and WWII bar. Nothing special and had belonged to a lower-ranking NCO.

Bar 5--the 4-place-belonged to a person who was in the Police in WWII.

3. History-buff1944

via War44
    This is the Gentleman that the 7-place ribbon bar once belonged to:
    [​IMG]
    This post card is an original as well. I had to pick it up as I didnt have an actual photo of him but am still looking for ;-))