Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

K98k or M1 Garand

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by Sturmkreuz, Nov 25, 2007.

?

K98k or M1 Garand

1. K98k

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. M1 Garand

33 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. froek

froek Member

K98 and war crimes...
    If you consider fighting against other armies a war crime...
    And I don't think they used all their bullets on civilians...

2. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

Nevertheless, the K-98 was used in war crimes more often than the M1 Garand, I'd imagine.

But the K-98 obviously got lots of its kills from the Eastern Front, so I'm not saying they got all thier kills from genocide. I was just saying that the better rifle would be the Garand in combat.

I'm sorry I brought this subject up to topic, let's just forget about it and move on. I never meant to offend anyone.

3. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Untrue, the Marine Corps rifle qualification known distance course has a 500yd line element (200, 300, and 500yd line fire). At 500yds they shoot at a "dog" target, it is basically a silouette of a human head and shoulders (I think it's either 28" or 36" across the base, smaller than a barn).:D It has been part of the basic rifle qualifaction course forever with whatever the currrent service rifle was at the time, '03, M1, M14 and all the M16 variants, using standard issue military ball ammunition and iron sights. You don't qual on the range you don't graduate from bootcamp, you then re-qual annually.