Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Little help

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Otto, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Segunda Guerra Mundial

Zweite Weltkrieges

Deuxième Guerre Mondiale

Seconda guerra mondiale

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Friedrich, just to be sure:

spanish/portugese,
    german,
    french,
    italian,

....right?

[ 25 May 2002, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: Otto ]

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Exactly, my friend!

Any translation to Spanish let mme know!!!

As you know I was born in Germany but I have been living in Mexico for four years, I lived one in Spain and I have leraned it since elementary school. It is my second language... ;)

By the way... Whay are all of us being awarded with Purple hearts, stars and ranks? I am not complaining, just asking. :D

4. Otto

*bump*

I just wanted people not to forget about this thread. I still need as many translations for WW2 as possible. (Read my first post in this thread if you don't know what I'm talking about).

I threw some of the acronyms we all came up with onto a very crude list. You can take a look here:

http://ww2n.com/archives/acros.html

Let me know if you see errors or would like to add to the list.

[ 04 June 2002, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Otto ]

5. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

ETO European Theater of Operation(s)
    ETO* Pacific Theater of Operation(s)

ETO* should be replaced with PTO...simple mistake, but just pointing it out. I'll have a bunch of reviews for you this time next...i've got finals all this week, so have been studying. School ends THURSDAY!

6. Otto

I just fixed the typo,

Gratzie Duce

7. Otto

*bump*

I just though some of you might like to review my initial post in this thread. It has changed some, and I added a link to the current acronym list. It has a long way to go before it is of any use...

8. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Glad you bumed this, i had not seen it. Cant think of anything new at the mo, but as to your original list, AAR these days means After Action Review. Means the same thing and not sure if it applies to WW2, but it may help.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Bish--that is a great disguise you have picked there.

It makes me remember when Susanne and I were touring Germany in her Audi. I forget what our next destination was, but do remember we were somewhere near Ulm--where Rommel is buried. I was hoping we could have gone there to visit his resting place--but we were running late for our next destination. I also remember being in a traffic jam for about 2 hrs. The day was partly cloudy, and we drove through a few quick rainshowers. My next trip to Germany--I will visit Ulm--but also Wilhelmshaven, Heidelburg, Laboe (Moltenort) Bremerhaven, Boppard and Loreley again--I fell in love with all those places.

10. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Thanks Carl. I would have picked Wittmann or Guderian, but they aren't there. But since Rommel was a GRUNT with a flair for armour, i guess it suits :D

just wish i looked as good in a uniform. You can compare it for yourself if you like. I've stuck a pic of my ugly mug on my profile. Mre so ican show off my little baby than myself :D

11. Otto

Bish, I just looked at your profile, I WWIITech your site? It looks very good.

BTW, Thanks to Peppy, I'll have a few more Avatars of Rommel and others uploaded all throughout the week. We currently stand at 145 Avatars and counting. My goal is to have 500-1000 total. Then I'll get back to working on giving the moderators their ruchly deserved medals.

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

As the Pirates might have said: "Ayyy...ye are what ye arrrrrr" Ive got a few original pics with Rommel in them, but the image of him is too far away for any details to be made out that can be turned into Avatars--unfortunately. In one pic or maybe in both--he is with I think Count Ciano (Sp?) and some Italian Statesmen and Generals--reviewing German Troops. I think I sent copies of these pics to Otto as well, but cannot remember.

I think some more good avatars could be made from some of the RKT pics I sent to Romm--er--Otto. Like Erich Hartmann, Remy Schrijnen, Hans-Gunther Lange--etc. He's already made a few from pics of Werner Molders. I had a great one of Wolfgang Luth--but the details were too small to do any good--which was unfortunatly, as the pic I sent to Otto was the last official pic of Wolfgang Luth on the conning tower of U 181 as they just got back from combat patrol in Oct. 1943.

Since he is going to have many more avatars to choose from--I can hardly wait to see them--and ill be trying to send him a few links to more great possible avatars--like one of John Wayne as Sergeant Stryker in the movie: "Ths Sands Of Iwo Jima"

13. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

No mate, i just wrte for it. I write the artiles on German armour, of which i have done 6 so far. Hard work but worthwhile. How you can manae a whole site is beyond me mate.

14. Otto

I like the site, and the articles too. I think I'm going use their info structure for the my site, I have kind of let that side of things go unattended for too long.

15. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Maybe you could get in touch with Sam, the webmaster there, and add each other to your links.

16. Otto

I plan to Bish, thanks.

17. Otto

I just wanted to bump this thread for a couple of reasons,

1) For people who haven't seen it yet

2) Some of this information will be used soon. I am implementing some subtle yet necessary changes soon.

18. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Ahh....'Bump!' So that's what I've been doing with all those old threads !
    Thanks, Otto - I await the updates with keen anticipation..... :D

19. SMJ

SMJ Member

Hi Otte

Normally in Denmark, we say:" 2. Verdenskrig"

But if you don´t want the "2." its:

DANISH

"Anden Verdenskrig"

Sverri

P.S. I can get i in Faroese, but i have to ask someone first. Im from faroe Islands, but i never went to school there.

20. SMJ

SMJ Member

Hi again

i found out how you spell it on Faroese:
    "Annar Heimsbardaga"

Faroe Island is a little country, in the atlantic ocean. Between Scotland and Iceland.

Faroe Island is under the Danish kingdom.

Also i found out that there where 7 faroese men, that joind the German force, during WWII. 2 of them died in Narwa. 2 other are still living, one of them was in the Waffen SS.

Sverri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.