Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

M1 Garand Rifle Buyer Tips

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by AirB44, Nov 29, 2015.

1. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I really prefer the shooters. If I can get a shooter that's all matching but banged up, that's all the better, but I want guns to shoot. The historical significance just means I won't shoot them too often.

George, do you know any Canadian source with pre-1924 1911 parts? I need a Remington UMC barrel (not Remington Rand). These are (mostly) marked with a "P" stamp. I also need some Remington UMC double diamond grips - 13 lines per inch rather than Colt's 15 lines per inch.

The reason I ask is that in the US they want crazy amounts of money for Remington UMC parts because they made so few of them. Perhaps in Canada because of less demand, somebody might be hanging on to some? My Remington UMC barrel has no P stamp - it may be original because some didn't get that stamp, but if I could find one (at reasonable cost) with the "P" I'd put it in. The Double Diamond grips on mine were replaced with the later style. You can find the old Colt DD's around, but not the Remington UMC grips.